Sarracenia minor with a twist...

WOW!......VERY AWESOME COMBO! Love that Luna!......Nice James! What kind of camera did you use?

I love Nikon. When I took photography, I started with Nikon N80. Then I saved up for a Nikon F5, both are film cameras. Now I would like to upgrade to a Nikon d300s(digital)...

If I was doing art for my GCSEs now (but I'm not, I like additional mathematics and geography more!), I would be doing a) plants or b) moths :tu: I think I'd pass with flying colous for both subjects!

I don't name my moths - school mates would think I'm crazy!

He is indeed a male. I don't have any females, much to my disappointment, as I really wanted eggs! I got him as an egg with his siblings in May. He emerged today. The others I have put int he fridge to hatch next year.

Nice moth; I have two questions:

1) Why is this thread in the 'Carnivorous Plants in Cultivation' category?

2) What has the title to do with the subject? I cannot even see the moth feeding off the S. minor photographed. It appears to have been manually placed on it.

Nice moth; I have two questions:

1) Why is this thread in the 'Carnivorous Plants in Cultivation' category?

2) What has the title to do with the subject? I cannot even see the moth feeding off the S. minor photographed. It appears to have been manually placed on it.

I have to agree, this is probably better suited to a moth forum.

Edited by mattybadboy44

1. because there was a sarracenia in it.

2. The moth emerged from the pupa (which I keep next to my plants) and climbed up the plant to expand its wings. That done, it waits for night to fly away (but not of course in captivity). However the moth was placed on the nepenthes.

I know there have been discussions about this sort of thing; I won't do it again. I was just so chuffed that this one I had been waiting ages for to hatch, I just keep it in...

Sorry :sun_bespectacled:

The response of a gentleman, :tu:. I do not want to discourage your enthusiasm! I was just a bit shocked to see such a mislabeled thread after the very recent thread by Davy where the general compromise appeared to be to discuss things in the right category.

Since it's done now (and I have an interest in moths, too!), what food plant did you use? :smile:

P.S. You can tell me off next time I misplace a thread. :thumbsup:

Edited by jimfoxy