Sign in to follow this  
Amar

Carnivorous plants in movies.

I saw "Despicable Me" a little while back, enjoyed it a lot. The dude has a huge, immobile VFT in his living room. :cray:

Oh, I found this, Barry has a list on his site: http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq1395.html

See now I really have to see this movie.. I want to see VFT in CGI..he he

Amar - I've never come across that page before.

And in doing so I discovered one of my current (for the last year) favouriteVFT shots, wasn't even mentioned :laugh1:

So I just had to drop barry a note and tell him.

What - you haven't guessed ?

True Blood (just started it's second series here in the UK) - the opening title sequence, has a few seconds clip of a VFT closing on a small/baby frog. Fantastic clip and fantastic music.

I couldn't see it on Barry's list but I'm pretty sure there were a load of Sarracenias in the film Minority Report (you know, the film where Tom Cruise alternates grinning with running around a bit. Oh wait.....). I think they were in the greenhouse of a woman he had to go see for info.

Mark

BBC Life S01 E09 Plants is a great documentary on plants with some stunning carnivorous shots. E02 Amphibians also has some nice Drosera in natural habitat.

Can anyone recommend documentaries on carnivorous plants?

Thanks,

Riaan

Edited by Macro

In a weekend at Bernies in a restaurant scene they used S. Leucophylla as a cut flower.

As that website page says :tu:

Edited by Phil Green

I only remember few carnivorous plants in media. In a horror movie SAW, I don't remember wich one of them, Jigsaw refers one of his games to a venus flytrap. And of course those Simpsons episodes. And if I remember right there was some plants in anime named One Piece that looked like venus flytraps and catched flies. And those wonderful nature documents of BBC, luckily Finnish TV also shows them. :D

In minority report wasnt tom cruise stung by geneticaly enhanced poisen ivey as he climbed over the wall?I know she did have some weird carnivorous plants in her greenhouse as well!

I loved the book 'the day of the triffids' by john wyndham.

Not quite movies or indeed carnivorous but the BBC used some of my S. flava CV maxima plants to produce the props used in an episode of the CBeebies Waybuloo - Series 2 - 1. Magical Music!!

bill