purpurea subsp. purpurea, frozen pitcher liquid

johns

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm fond of purpurea too, possibly my favourite CP next to the common butterwort.

Had a look at the one pictured today. Because I covered it with fleece due to strong frost a few weeks ago, and subsequent wet snow and rain, most of the pitchers have gotten deformed. (I don't have a minibog to put it in, nor somewhere to dig a hole to partially cover it.) Still some green on it though.

The temperature is going to drop to -19 deg C tonight, so I put it behind a hedge conifer (where snow usually accumulates) and covered it with a pile of snow. Hopefully it will survive the winter.

I'm fond of purpurea too, possibly my favourite CP next to the common butterwort.

Had a look at the one pictured today. Because I covered it with fleece due to strong frost a few weeks ago, and subsequent wet snow and rain, most of the pitchers have gotten deformed. (I don't have a minibog to put it in, nor somewhere to dig a hole to partially cover it.) Still some green on it though.

The temperature is going to drop to -19 deg C tonight, so I put it behind a hedge conifer (where snow usually accumulates) and covered it with a pile of snow. Hopefully it will survive the winter.

Hi,

Mine do not get any form of protection (apart from the netting to prevent any birds digging) they will be open to the elements all winter. I find that with purp ssp purp its a matter of the colder the better! :D