N. Thorelii in Viet Nam !!!!!!

Mr. Son

This is Thorelii lose after 100 year.... now It is available again !!!!

This is collection from botanical garden of Medicine University !!!! The plants found in Binh Châu Hot water 7 years ago (now it cant find in there).

Low pitcher

IMG0037A.jpg

IMG0040A.jpg

IMG0034A.jpg

IMG0041A.jpg

Intermediate pitcher

IMG0027A.jpg

IMG0044A.jpg

IMG0028A.jpg

IMG0029A.jpg

Up pitcher

IMG0030A.jpg

IMG0043A.jpg

pm [email protected] if you want about information of them !!!!

Edited by Mr. Son

Well, photos of the leaves, stems and whole plant would help a lot...

Some of the photo's Mr. Son has posted do appear to be a match so this plant is a least a very close relative, if not, N. thorelii.

Hi Mr Son,

Interesting plant. Thanks for posting pictures. I almost visited Bin Chau Hot Spring Waters last february but I ran out of time.

The pitchers of this plant indeed looks like N. thorelii 's but I won't be sure of this taxon ID until I or someone else study it and make a comparison with the types specimens.

In the meanwhile, additional pictures of the other plants parts would be welcome.

Thanks again,

François.

Well, in the worse case, if it's not thorelii and it's kampotiana or smilesii, the price for the seeds is not too bad.

I suggest to anybody who buys the seeds to just write "N. ? (Binh Châu)" on the label.

Son, can you clear up the movement of plants between you and the University: how many clones you have? How many clones the University has? Did you receive your plants from the University?

It's sad that all the plants at Binh Châu have been poached or destroyed.

Actually, it's curious how 14 days ago you asked about the identity of this plant (but in that post the plants looked like kampotiana and smilesii: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38429 ) saying "this plant is a gift of my friend, he said that he has been growing it for 2 or 3 years and he took it from Binh Châu", after 7 days you posted other photos of the same plant (?), grown at the Medecine University, mentioning in all forums the "re-discovery of the true thorelii" guaranteed by "many professors" of that University, after another 7 days you give for sale the seeds just produced by your own plants (?) and the photos of the parent plants are the same photos of the University plants... But again: fair price, no matter what plant it is :)

Edited by marcello catalano

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38429

This plant is gift from my friend !! him said the plant take near Binh Chau MT ( only one plant )

N thorelii I post it is specimens of Medecine University (take in Binh Chau Hot water ) .

have different 2 plants, 2 location !!!!

They safe seed for me, and I share for grower !

If you dont believe, I dont care. Because I m sure this it is Thorelii of Viet Nam.

You can come here, I can show you see !!

Ah, ok, let's see if I can help you Son:

You only have 2 plants, only 2 specimens, only 2 single pots.

The first plant is from near Bin Chau Mountain and it's this:

The second plant is from Bin Chau Hot Water and it's the one in this post.

You received the second plant from the university, where they have many other plants coming from Bin Chau Hot Water (it's still not clear which photos show the university plants and which photos show your second plant).

You crossed your first plant with your second plant. You were very lucky to have both flowering at the same time, considering they are just two! Anyway, that's good.

Can we see 1 picture of the WHOLE first plant and 1 of the WHOLE second plant?

Details of the pitchers don't help much. Thanks!

Ah, ok, let's see if I can help you Son:

You only have 2 plants, only 2 specimens, only 2 single pots.

The first plant is from near Bin Chau Mountain and it's this:

The second plant is from Bin Chau Hot Water and it's the one in this post.

You received the second plant from the university, where they have many other plants coming from Bin Chau Hot Water (it's still not clear which photos show the university plants and which photos show your second plant).

You crossed your first plant with your second plant. You were very lucky to have both flowering at the same time, considering they are just two! Anyway, that's good.

Can we see 1 picture of the WHOLE first plant and 1 of the WHOLE second plant?

Details of the pitchers don't help much. Thanks!

I mean 2 species different

This plant from my friend have only one I grow 5 month ago !!!

P24-01-80_21.44[03].JPG

and all pic of N Thorelii from Medecine University. I dont have plants

Thanks, I see.

So, you said "This is Thorelii true lose after 100 year, now it is available again, very very rare! The seed harvest today. It from my collection (not hybrids)" but it's not exactely like that.

You have one plant (that actually looks like smilesii) and it's from Bin Chau Mountain.

In the university they have different plants (probably-maybe-thorelii), that you don't have, from Bin Chau Hot Water. In the university they crossed some of these plants and they made seeds. Then they gave you some seeds and you're selling them. Ok, if this is all correct, now it's more clear :).

It would be great if in the future you could go back at the university and take photos of the WHOLE parent plants, not just the pitchers. Thanks!

Dear Mr Son,

Like I said earlier, thanks a lot for posting pictures and for your help. But we cannot seriously study plants from pictures alone. Your plants indeed look like the true thorelii but they need to be seriously examined.

If you really want to help, I'll be back in the quite near future with some Vietnamese scientists from the Institute of Tropical Biology of Ho-Chi-Minh city. We would be happy if you could help us by showing these interesting specimens. These matters have to be dealt with in the field, in situ.

All the best,

François.

Edited by Sockhom