EEE 2011 . Chester Zoo

Tim Bailey

The CPS has the honour of organising and hosting the prestigious European Carnivorous Plant Exhibit & Exchange - EEE 2011.

The event will be held at Chester Zoo on 2-3 July 2011, right into the heart of the Zoo. We are very grateful to Chester Zoo for agreeing to have us, and for the help they have offered to make the EEE 2011 a very special event.

Further information will be posted on a regular basis, along with a dedicated contact address.

I will be acting as the Sub-committee Chairman/Project Executive for the event and Dennis Balsdon will be the General Secretary/Project Manager.

A website will be provided this year along with an outline program of events. Full details will be published no later than the AGM, and preferably earlier.

Today's note is simply to inform you of the event. We look forward to posting news on the EEE 2011 as it comes, including how you can get involved. We actively encourage plant traders/professional nurseries to take part and would welcome interest from holders of National Collections to put on a display.

Kind regards

Tim

Tim Bailey

Newsletter and Journal Editor"

Edited by Tim Bailey

Yeah Tim..thanks for finally posting this!

You have any idea how hard it was not to spoil the suprise!!?? :ireful::biggrin:

Had to get a few arrangements sorted first, but really excited to kick it off at last. If we can pull off the program we have planned then you will not want to miss it! Plus you get two days at a fantastic Zoo too, a truly fabulous venue and a very welcoming host to boot.

Happy days! :tease:

It is fantastic it is at Chester zoo; it has a good display of CP, close to 2 airports, excellent B&Bs and restaurants..and they get literally thousands of families with kids through the door which will be perfect to attract new interest into the hobby.

The CPS has the honour of organising and hosting the prodigious European Carnivorous Plant Exhibit & Exchange - EEE 2011.

The event will be held at Chester Zoo on 2-3 July 2011, right into the heart of the Zoo. We are very grateful to Chester Zoo for agreeing to have us, and for the help they have offered to make the EEE 2011 a very special event.

I will be acting as the Sub-committee Chairman/Project Executive for the event and Dennis Balsdon will be the General Secretary/Project Manager.

Kind regards

Tim

Very well done, Tim and Dennis! :tease:

I'll be there...

Can't wait :biggrin:

V2

Hi,

I'll be there.

There's a bunch of British friends I want to meet ;-)

Cheers,

François.

This goes for me too!..way to many people i only know by (forum) name..time to put some face's to the name's!!

Allready started saving for the visit..i can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing you there too François!

Roll on July 2011, will be nice to know who's who :) Well I reckon you'll all recognise me fairly easily - probably wont be too many women there!!! Hopefully a few though...

Great news! all of a sudden i've got a family that want to go with me though,------i wonder why that is?

ada

Good news then that we've arranged a reduction in the Zoo entry fee for cp society members' family and friends. And members of a carnivorous plant society will get in the Zoo free! Details to follow!

Tim

Ah thats great news about the fee entry too :) Though would have happily paid full price anyway...means more money to spend in there though, yay!!

Yes, I know with a lot of visitors I wont be a lonely female......but perhaps around the EEE stands with members, not too many women I think. For some reason girls dont seem to like bug eating plants as much as men!! Everyone always assumes they're my partners plants when they come to the house :sick:

Heather