EEE 2011 . Chester Zoo

Tim Bailey

Hi everybody,

as some of you have seen, maybe, there's a discount sale with EasyJet, valid till tomorrow TUE 11 Jan 2011. (from Switzerland at least :-)))

As time is veeery tight, I still don't know for sure if I can come, but definitely, the programme provided will influence my decision a lot.

1° Is there any website for the meeting yet?

2° Or does anybody already know who will make lectures?

Thanks, any of you readers of this mail, to answer if possible till tomorrow !!!

Best regards from snowy/foggy Swiss mountains,

Olivier Marthaler

• 2 months later...

Hi,

just a short question, that could be interesting for those who fly to Manchester. If, at all, i can make it to the EEE i will have the problem, that i will arrive rather late on friday evening in Manchester, let's say between 21 and 22 o'clock. What possibilities do i have to get to Chester that evening? I know, there are trains from Manchester to Chester, but couldn't find a timetable for the trains. Thanks!

Christian

Hi,

just a short question, that could be interesting for those who fly to Manchester. If, at all, i can make it to the EEE i will have the problem, that i will arrive rather late on friday evening in Manchester, let's say between 21 and 22 o'clock. What possibilities do i have to get to Chester that evening? I know, there are trains from Manchester to Chester, but couldn't find a timetable for the trains. Thanks!

Christian

Last train on fridays is normally 10:30pm, takes about 1hr 30 mins. Other option is get a taxi, fare is probably around 100£+, i've never taken one all the way to chester. Might be simpler to get a hotel close to the airport then get to chester in the mornng if youre going to arrive very late friday.

National Rail

• 2 weeks later...

Short question to the Shopping Cart for the EEE tickets:

Is it possible that it does not work correctly? Because I could click on the "Add to Cart" but then there is just the normal paypal opening.

Whith a click on "view Cart" it says: "your cart is empty"

How could I add the tickets to my shopping cart at all?

Kind regards

Carsten

The PayPal problems are sort now. Or at least it all works for me now. I've just bought one registration, an adult and child's concession tickets, an adult and child's evening trip and I've donated £500 to the CPS conservation fund. Now all I need to do is find a spare child and pay for it all... :biggrin:

Phil

i have had the same problem. when i go to add a ticket to the paypall chart it still says its empty. :banging: .

Great news i ordered my tickets today. now works fine. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Phil - selling kids is now Illegal, especially ones which don't belong to you :devious:

Sure? They're not in the CITES list..:whistling:

• 1 month later...

Sorry about this, and trying not to sound to dumb!

Can't i just turn up on the Saturday and pay and go in, why do i need to buy a ticket before!

Hi

you can turn up on the day and pay the full entrance fee - around £16 for each of the two days.

If you are a CPS member you can get a member's ticket at £8 or if not, concessionary ticket at £14 via the EEE website (www.EEE2011.org.uk). Prices are slightly cheaper if you download an order form and send me a cheque. Both entitle you to entry for both days and allow you to enter/leave the zoo to attend the many interesting talks in the adjacent lecture theatre.

Full details of the EEE event are shown on the website.

best regards to all

Dennis Balsdon

Not if you want to benefit from the reduced entry that we have negotiated with the zoo. You can of course turn up to the zoo and pay the regular entrance fee (£14 each day I think).

I think the reason why everyone has to buy a ticket before is to do with the logistics of identifying who is a member of a CP society at the zoo pay booth though no doubt Tim or Dennis will fill in the details (I wasn't involved with the negotiations).

Phil

Sorry about this, and trying not to sound to dumb!

Can't i just turn up on the Saturday and pay and go in, why do i need to buy a ticket before!

Not if you want to benefit from the reduced entry that we have negotiated with the zoo. You can of course turn up to the zoo and pay the regular entrance fee (£14 each day I think).

I think the reason why everyone has to buy a ticket before is to do with the logistics of identifying who is a member of a CP society at the zoo pay booth though no doubt Tim or Dennis will fill in the details (I wasn't involved with the negotiations).

Phil

Ok thanks for that, not a member of the C.P. Society anymore, keep on meaning to rejoin but never get around to do it!

Hi again

just to reiterate.

Member's tickets and concessionary tickets will NOT be available on the day. The only way to get these tickets is to book them through the EEE website or by sending a booking form with a cheque to me.

This is the largest CP event ever held in the UK. You will be able to buy many of those hard to get plants from both private and professional growers from both the UK and the continent with great displays from national colection holders and the CPS. You will be able to meet and hear leading CP botanists and growers including Stewart MacPherson of television and publishing fame. Entertainment is on hand for families and children.

Everyone with an interest in CPs should try to come. It is likely to be quite a few years before the CPS can organise a similar event so book your tickets if you can possibly make it and bring families and friends along too.

best regards

Dennis

Ok thanks for that, not a member of the C.P. Society anymore, keep on meaning to rejoin but never get around to do it!

We would of course love you to rejoin. :sun_bespectacled: But if you don't get round to that there are concession tickets that will get you into the zoo and so the EEE for way less than the regular entrance price of the zoo. You can still order these on the EEE website.

Phil

Hi

the tickets arrived from Chester Zoo on Saturday (2 months late!). They will be posted on Tuesday.

If you haven't got yours booked yet please get the booking to me as soon as you can. Full details on the EEE website www.EEE2011.co.uk. If you are expecting tickets and they don't arrive by the end of the week please email me at [email protected].

If you just turn up on the day you will have to pay the normal entry fee of £16 (£32 for the 2 days). Any CP Society member worldwide can get a £7.50 ticket entitling you to entry on both days and non members for £13.50 (both are slightly more if you pay by PayPal).

The society really needs as many people with an interest in CPs to come to this event to make it the success it deserves to be. So please get your bookings in.

Cheers

Dennis Balsdon

Hi

the tickets arrived from Chester Zoo on Saturday (2 months late!). They will be posted on Tuesday.

If you haven't got yours booked yet please get the booking to me as soon as you can. Full details on the EEE website www.EEE2011.co.uk. If you are expecting tickets and they don't arrive by the end of the week please email me at [email protected].

If you just turn up on the day you will have to pay the normal entry fee of £16 (£32 for the 2 days). Any CP Society member worldwide can get a £7.50 ticket entitling you to entry on both days and non members for £13.50 (both are slightly more if you pay by PayPal).

The society really needs as many people with an interest in CPs to come to this event to make it the success it deserves to be. So please get your bookings in.

Cheers

Dennis Balsdon

Yay!! look forward to getting mine =D i ordered 2 one for me and one for my boyfriend gunna be so much fun can't wait =D

Hi

Cheers

Dennis Balsdon

Olivier, you lucky fellow...:) Glückspilz!!

Edited by Amar

Hi

It is £8 by PayPal through the website www.EEE2011.co.uk or £7.50 if you send me a cheque. You can download the form from the website if you don't have one.

The registration fee will give you tickets for both days a saving of £24 on the normal ticket price.

Please get your booking in as soon as you can.

Cheers

Dennis Balsdon

• 2 weeks later...

Am i thick? Dont answer that! I click on the EEE website - click on the pre register for £8.00 button - then i am directed not to Paypal shopping cart but to the paypal "my account" page! I need the paypal address for the money to be sent to!!!! Or am i missing the blatantly obvious?