EEE 2011 . Chester Zoo

Tim Bailey

Good news then that we've arranged a reduction in the Zoo entry fee for cp society members' family and friends. And members of a carnivorous plant society will get in the Zoo free! Details to follow!

Tim

It looks like it was a good idea for this venue! ;-D

For some reason girls dont seem to like bug eating plants as much as men!! Everyone always assumes they're my partners plants when they come to the house :laugh:

Heather

I helped out on a CP stand at a show recently. Two different lady visitors - both experienced horticulturalists - told me that they thought CPs, and Sarracenia in particular, looked 'sinister'.

After mulling it over for a while (with - ahem - the help of a complimentary Dutch lager or two) I think I can see what they mean.

All the men visitors thought they looked interesting / beautiful.

Maybe that's the reason why there are so few girl CP-ers?

It would be nice to see quite a few more of you in the hobby.

Thoughtful of Letchworth

Edited by Vic2

Well I reckon you'll all recognise me fairly easily - probably wont be too many women there!!! Hopefully a few though...
I will be there too :lol:
I am going to be there! And I am female too......... well I was when I woke up this morning ... !!!

Dianne

[Ian will be pleased! - Ed.] :sick:

There you go, Heather: :smile:

A 200% increase in women in a couple of days, from your posted plea for reinforcements.

At this rate, I may have to break out the trusty ol' dirty mac and big, thick pebble glasses... hur hur hur

GD&R of Letchworth :laugh:

Roll on July 2011, will be nice to know who's who :) Well I reckon you'll all recognise me fairly easily - probably wont be too many women there!!! Hopefully a few though...

Hopefully I will be there too! This has been a long time in the planning, but it should be so worth the wait :laugh:

Flick, Treasurer CPS (AKA The Money Monster)

Well I guess we're up to 3 females then, hopefully the stands will attract some ladies passing by too :)

Not sure why there arent more women interested.....perhaps they prefer to spend time painting their nails etc (ok so I do do this too but prob not as often as is typical) most people just think they're a bit weird and dont like the fact they're full of insects - its just not a typically girly hobby!

Hmm maybe I'm wired the wrong way for a female - for me they're beautiful and interesting looking. I dont think they look sinister, just rather cool!! I do think neps can look a bit.....errr.....rude :laugh: but aside from that they're just really interesting plants.

Not sure why there arent more women interested.....perhaps they prefer to spend time painting their nails etc

If I had said that then I would have been in trouble :laugh: My wife finds most of my carnivorous plants 'ugly' or 'uninteresting'. She refers to my Heliamphora as 'tubey things' and dislikes them unless they are in (pink) flower.

Well I guess we're up to 3 females then, hopefully the stands will attract some ladies passing by too :)

Well, to help you girls out, I volunteer to show a large amount of hairy leg to entice in the punters...?

I'll even wash it first... :smile:

Hmm maybe I'm wired the wrong way for a female - for me they're beautiful and interesting looking. I dont think they look sinister, just rather cool!! I do think neps can look a bit.....errr.....rude :D but aside from that they're just really interesting plants.

What a woman!!! :JC_cupidgirl::heart:

Ditch him, and marry me!! :give_rose:

Well, to help you girls out, I volunteer to show a large amount of hairy leg to entice in the punters...?

I'll even wash it first...

You might help attract some bugs that way, not so sure about the females!! But the extra bugs will help the plants atleast! I guess I should feel honoured that you offered to wash it though :give_rose:

What a woman!!!

Ditch him, and marry me!!

Ah, sadly got married earlier this year Vic......I'm still giving him a chance to come to love my plants. If he doesnt then ofcourse I'll have to re-think this whole marriage thing :JC_cupidgirl: Would be nice if the other halves appreciated our plants wouldn't it :)

Carl - your Mrs sounds rather like my Mr - "tubey things" lol!

If I had said that then I would have been in trouble

Yep, a sharp kick to the shins would probably have been the end result there!! Only joking haha :smile:

Good news then that we've arranged a reduction in the Zoo entry fee for cp society members' family and friends. And members of a carnivorous plant society will get in the Zoo free! Details to follow!

Tim

Hello, another female here :give_rose::JC_cupidgirl:

I belong to the spanish carnivorous plant society, is it going to be free my entry too?

Thanks

Hmm maybe I'm wired the wrong way for a female - for me they're beautiful and interesting looking. I dont think they look sinister, just rather cool!! I do think neps can look a bit.....errr.....rude :smile: but aside from that they're just really interesting plants.

My kinda gal

Ditch your man and Vic2 and come and marry me! :JC_cupidgirl:

Oh okay, you'd have to wait a couple of years...but what would the chaps at school say!? :give_rose:

Edited by James O'Neill

Hi

entry will be free for members of carnivorous plant societies from all countries. Details of how to apply for tickets will be promulgated next year. There will be reduced rate tickets for family of members.

Dennis

Sounds like we might have a good few coming from over Europe! Its gonna be a great event, cute aminals and plenty of cps and cp lovers :) I havent been to chester zoo since I was at school either, though I do still have a big fluffy snake I bought there!

And welcome to the lonely female group Alipe!

Oh okay, you'd have to wait a couple of years...but what would the chaps at school say!?

Crikey, now I feel old :( I'm a whole 12 years ahead of you!! Thankfully most people say I dont look it, in fact I still get asked for ID buying booze :laugh:

And welcome to the lonely female group Alipe!

Thankyou very much :laugh: . There are lots of women that enjoys this hobby in Spain :thumbsup:

Hi

entry will be free for members of carnivorous plant societies from all countries. Details of how to apply for tickets will be promulgated next year. There will be reduced rate tickets for family of members.

Dennis

Perfect :(

Regards

Alicia

Crikey, now I feel old :( I'm a whole 12 years ahead of you!! Thankfully most people say I dont look it, in fact I still get asked for ID buying booze :(

Looking at the photos of your wedding that you posted some time ago, I'm not surprised you get IDed :thumbsup: *wolf whistles all around*

You're the same age as my sister though, she lived in the same area you got married in at the same time :laugh:

Better not let your husband see :nono:

Oh, the struggles of it all; I'm just a schoolboy who happily whistles on his way to school in the mornin', not a care in the world...

Well I'll take that one as a compliment :( Your sister lived in Bali?? Lucky her, its a lovely place.

Make the most of those years James, its nice not having too much responsibilty.....working, bills, mortgages bla bla will be along soon enough (have I depressed you yet?) - not so fun!! Though one good bit is having your own space, more room for cps :)

My husband is actually sat at the side of me.....though too busy playing Halo at the moment to see this :laugh:

She did indeed live in Bali, for a few months. She is a diver, so she was really in her element. Before she moved on to New Zealand.

I'm ready to take all those dreadful sounding things on - just need to do the GCSEs and whatnot first. Although, yes, I will be able to expand with my CPs. Right now I am very limited indeed. Dad says 'no more plants!' but I just keep sneaking them in and I'm soon running out of room. I feel like one of those whiskey smugglers from the 19th century, only it's plants :laugh:

My kinda gal

Ditch your man and Vic2 and come and marry me! :laugh:

:lol:

Ok, you asked for it, Jimmy boy:

Custard pies at Dawn!! :thumbsup:

Wear your bicycle clips, 'cos you're gonna be really scared!!! :(

A-Matter-of-Honour of Letchworth :nono:

P.S.

Whoops - I'm not helping Jimmy stay on the shining but narrow path of topic relevance, now am I? :(

Edited by Vic2

I'll even wash it first... :smile:

Be careful that the zoo doesn't mistake it for one belonging to the chimps :lol::wink:

Edited by mobile

Chester is gonna be flooded with maniacs!! :smile:

Better lay low for a while..before one of the zoo employees sees this topic, and blows the whole thing off! :wink:

Hope they can handle the lot of us... :lol: