Frost is coming

I'm going on a small camping trip for fishing, canoeing, beer and steaks, the usual stuff next weekend and was looking at the longer ranger weather models, it's a while off but a number are hinting at either northerly or NNW winds with a possibility of some frost for north Wales and other north western parts of the UK Saturday into Sunday. It could all change but it maybe time to start thinking about any precautions that may need to be taken (if any). Sooner or later the frost will be coming.

Si

i have already started to put my frost protection over my plants at night just so im in the habbit,i use bits of terram and bubble wrap,

hopefully this winter wont be as bad as last one, i live in the country so its still going to hit us hard,it always does :biggrin:

I'm going on a small camping trip for fishing, canoeing, beer and steaks, the usual stuff

Must be nice.......I cant remember the last time I went camping, fishing, beer, steak......I miss those days... but about your plants, since its inside a greenhouse(Im assuming) a small heater should suffice for a few hours of freeze but of course Im also assuming you have Sarracenias and Sundews.....

DexFC

My Sarracenias and Sundews are all outdoors and at the mercy of often changing Chicago weather....but I think, since it started to get chilly, specially at night, my plants are hardening off making them get ready to go dormant. It wont be long, before I put about a foot of straw as mulch all over my bogs, then wrap the ones in pots in baggies and put them in my sisters unheated back porch...

DexfC