Yellow leaves

GreenCurry

Is it normal for leaves to turn yellow over many months? It's only a few but every few weeks or so I notice another one or two yellow leaves appearing and a couple of very small dead brown pithers. I always pull yellow leaves and dead pitchers but is this normal or could someyhing be wrong.

The ceph is kept in a bathroom windowsill that doesnt get that much light as it facing the worst dircetion for growing plant (what ever direction that is, South?) It also gets very steamy when Im taking a shower but at first I thought this could be good for it as high humidity but now im not sure.

What do you think ?

Is it normal for leaves to turn yellow over many months? It's only a few but every few weeks or so I notice another one or two yellow leaves appearing and a couple of very small dead brown pithers. I always pull yellow leaves and dead pitchers but is this normal or could someyhing be wrong.

Of course it's normal, leaves and pitchers don't live forever.

The ceph is kept in a bathroom windowsill that doesnt get that much light as it facing the worst dircetion for growing plant (what ever direction that is, South?) It also gets very steamy when Im taking a shower but at first I thought this could be good for it as high humidity but now im not sure.

Cephs aren't fussy about humidity,too much can lead to fungal problems.Though you having a shower shouldn't be that bad,make sure the room's well ventilated.

Edited by petesredtraps

What do you think ?

That would be dependent on the age of the leaves in question. If they are a couple of years old and are being pushed aside by new growth, then that is normal. If it is not growing new leaves and the leaves turning yellow are less than a year old, I would be concerned.

In the northern hemisphere they ought to be slowing down in growth but still producing pitchers at this time of year. If not, try changing the conditions. Too much humidity combined with not enough sunshine and air movement could be slowly killing it and leaving it at risk of fungal attack.

For you, south would be the preferred direction for a window to face as the ceph needs good lighting, although not direct sun. Direct sun may provide some protection from the effects of the high humidity, and it will improve the colour of the plant, so it would be better though.