Dionaea "Melody Shark "

jjw

Hello folks .

I'd like to let you know about the " Melody Shark" which has slender petioles and unusual traps. :lol:

the " Melody Shark" was registered in ICPS few months ago . just new cultivar.

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Speci..._45.html#Korean

v39n2p44f14.jpg

I think it is a very interesting & funny clone :woot:

Here is mine. :D

IMGP0320.jpg

IMGP0319.jpg

IMGP0307.jpg

Regards

Jin

Man! Thats not fair to insects, bugs will be like "Awww look at that skinny flytrap, lets play with it".....then BAM!!! Trap shuts and devours these unsuspecting bugs.....he he he he

DexFC :woot:

Thank you for your comments.

I think the melody shark is very rare in EU because only Korea collectors are cultivating that clone. ( stable clone )

I just would like to introduce the melody~ to CPUK members.

If there is a chance , I'll sell some plants to members. (or swap)

:smile:

Edited by jjw

Not sure about cites but there are other regulations to go through - its not a simple process!! Usually the seller has to be inspected to make sure the plants are free from pests etc (phytosanitary certificate). I think the importer has to get an import licence too - I think ours is done through DEFRA, not sure about other European countries though. Not sure if the seller needs an export licence.

Hopefully someone should be able to clarify. I know Mike King has done imports before so perhaps he could advise better?? I'll contact him and see what he thinks.

Its only worth doing if its a big order, you couldnt really just do a swap because of all the paperwork and associated costs and without the paperwork its illegal. I am hopefully doing an import from another country soon (though I'm still not sure on the procedure but the seller is aware of the regulations he needs to complete on his side) and it will cost me around £80 for shipping, customs fees and paperwork so for one plant thats a lot of extra cost.

An interesing clone though, fingers crossed it makes it over to europe soon!! I have read about it already on the ICPS website.

• 1 month later...

Its great to see new dionaea cultivars but this one doesnt do it for me personaly.Everybody has different tastes i guess.My favourites are those that grow close to the ground all year with lots of colour or big traps-but thankyou for sharing...it is a very nice and unique plant.