Is this good quality of moss?

Hi guys,

I have exhausted my supply of sphagnum and am searching for a replacement source after the local better-gro moss (very good) has been discontinued in canada. I found the following on ebay, it looks like a good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/5-packs-Sphagnum-Moss-D...44#ht_534wt_751

Nortene kiwi sphagnum moss. It looks almost too good to be true. Anyone bought this product before? Is it indeed the right moss?

thanks,

varun

Hi guys,

I have exhausted my supply of sphagnum and am searching for a replacement source after the local better-gro moss (very good) has been discontinued in canada. I found the following on ebay, it looks like a good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/5-packs-Sphagnum-Moss-D...44#ht_534wt_751

Nortene kiwi sphagnum moss. It looks almost too good to be true. Anyone bought this product before? Is it indeed the right moss?

thanks,

varun

I guess this is the same you can buy here in Europe. I use it and it is good quality, less expensive and more in quantity than dried uncompressed.

Extreme plants

It is dried compressed and it is ok.

Yes, I use this moss and it is good quality. I have two different forms of it. The one in the picture is highly compressed and expands greatly when wetted and the other form, which is in a red packet, is not so compressed. I got both of mine from the seller in your eBay link.

Look up Just moss from new zealand. THey have several distributors around the world....u might find one in asia.

An update: I finally found out that local sheridan nursaries have resumed selling the chilean sphagnum moss that worked very well for me....So I bought a nice couple of bricks to last me a year or more. :woot: Chilean sphagnum moss from Better gro is awsome.

d9f8b659-0e01-46ab-8723-f2902869002e_400.jpg

Edited by vraev