Hello

3Star

Hi everybody my name is Dave and I have just joined the forum.

I have kept a few Sarracenias and a Darlingtonia for the last couple of years but these were generally ones that I bought at a DIY type place and so were unknown hybrids ( I basically bought them because I liked them ). Over the last couple of months I have started to get more serious about growing CP's and have been fortunate to come into contact with someone locally who is an enthusiast and who I have been able to buy some decent plants off eg S leucophylla "Schnells Ghost" , Juthatip Soper, S Rubra ssp Gulfensis and some nice VFT's. I am also regularly trawling Ebay and have picked up one or two plants from there. I have even bought a small polytunnel to keep them in as previously my plants were all kept outside.

On the subject of buying plants could anybody recommend any places to buy plants and do you think that Ebay is a good place. The reason I ask about Ebay is that some plants seem to go for a lot of money and, being new to CP's, I am not sure if this is due to the rarity of the plants or if people just get caught up in auction fever. The example that springs to mind is that recently a S leucophylla "Bay County" went for £62.00. Now it was a beautiful plant and one that I must admit that I would love in my collection but to get one is that the sort of price I would have to pay or as the price inflated due to the bidding war ?

Welcome to the forum! You seem to have a good basis for expanding the collection :smile: You had better hope you have space for a few more polytunnels by the end of it!

Ebay is good enough; some prices do go very high indeed (e.g the Eden Black Cephalotus), and you really need to keep your wits about you as there are dodgy people out there.

Hello and welcome Dave.....listen to these guys, theyll tell you.....luckily youve come to the right place....ask people first before buying, as a general rule....

"Lifes a garden.....dig it"

DexFC