Whats the best fertilizer for CP's?

Hi all,

Im just curious to know what fertilizers you use for your CP's, if you do use them?

Do you use different fertilizers for different plants or one for all?

In what quantities & how do you distribute the fertilizer to the plants?

I have the following plant elixers (used for non CP's), & I would be interested to know if anybody has used them for CP's

1. SB Plant Invigorator

2. Miracle-Grow (Standard)

3. Miracle-Grow (Ericaceous)

4. Orchid Focus

5. Baby Bio

This is just a bit of research on my part, to satisfy a curiosity.

I do understand that insects are the best food, but due to another wash out of a summer in Ireland, insects seem to be a lot more scarce than normal!

Best regards

Mark

here in the US weve had tons of bugs...lots of it....but I still, twice a month, foliar feed. I use just a generic "miracle grow" brand called vigoro. 1/2 teaspoon per 2 gallons of RO water, in a spray bottle then I spray the leaves down really good...

DexFC

Well James, I did speak to soon, I asked for that. I should not have mentioned my insect concerns in my original post.

The sun is splitting the trees today & every bug has gone into party mode. Fruit flies have certainly appeared in large quantities in the last couple of weeks.

In regards to the weather, we have had the wettest July for 40 years, August was not much better, but the large amount of rain has indeed been helpful in certain ways, plenty of water for plants!

Whether there are plenty of insects or not, is beside the point, its not really what I am trying to find out. I am just curious as to what other CP growers use as a fertilizer, if any at all, besides the normal insect food & also if any growers have used the above mentioned products.

Basically, I would like to put a list together of which fertilizers are good/safe to use on CP's & also what anti pest/fungus products are best to use.

Well James, I did speak to soon, I asked for that. I should not have mentioned my insect concerns in my original post.

The sun is splitting the trees today & every bug has gone into party mode. Fruit flies have certainly appeared in large quantities in the last couple of weeks.

In regards to the weather, we have had the wettest July for 40 years, August was not much better, but the large amount of rain has indeed been helpful in certain ways, plenty of water for plants!

Whether there are plenty of insects or not, is beside the point, its not really what I am trying to find out. I am just curious as to what other CP growers use as a fertilizer, if any at all, besides the normal insect food & also if any growers have used the above mentioned products.

Basically, I would like to put a list together of which fertilizers are good/safe to use on CP's & also what anti pest/fungus products are best to use.

Fertilisers are usually made up of the same chemicals but in different ratios. I wouldnt have thought the brand makes much difference. Look at the packs for the ratios of P N K (Phosphorous, Nitrogen and Potassium). As CPs are less tolerant of these salts than other plants you wont necessarily need the best, ie highest concs of the relevent salts as you will then have to dilute it more. Look for one with more N than P and K, as I understand the N is generally for leaf growth and P and K important for flower development.