Sign in to follow this  
Bojahnik

TC plant flower = dead

ok ... a bit spectacular subject but I had now twice the situation that plants that I've grown for years died while flowering. It happened for my male talangensis while its second flower phase and also for my female singalana while developing the first seedpods. I got some feedback at least for the male talangensis that others had also this experience. I was waiting for lavicola and densiflora pollen of other growers. Their plants also died or were near dead. I'm not sure that this were also TC plants. I'd like to ask here how are your experiences. Did your plants also died while flowering. Are this plants of TC origin? It's extremely frustrating growing plants for years and if you are at the flowering stage this plant quits.

Strange....

I had quite a few of my Neps flowering - all males :/ - however despite the fact, that most of them were TC plants from BE, none had died. Well, the growth was a bit stunted until it finished flowering or until the flower has been cut off, but that's all.

Meanwhile I also found out that male Neps sometimes flower to dead in nature. So it might be just a different problem nothing to do with TC. Not all of my male neps died. It's especially that one male talangensis from what I got also from several other growers the information that their plant also died.

Might it be the other way round. Perhaps for whatever reason the plant was starting to die and in a last ditch attempt- flowered? Quite often when I have taken cuttings they have produced flowers, before they have even rooted. As if being stressed can cause the plant to flower. Just an idea!

cheers

bill

PS How is the medusa doing? I hope ok.

Hi Bill,

no it were not stressflowers and as I already wrote it happened for several growers with the talangensis.

The medusa is now for a good while in my lowland terra but still refusing to pitcher. I decided to ignore it but even this didn't helped :P