Replying to posts

When people are replying to posts, would they please use the 'ADD REPLY' at the bottom and not the "reply" to individual posts which coppies that persons entire message (unless you are specifically answering a point).

At the moment there are FAR TOO MANY people copping all the photo's someone posts in their replies. So if the original person posts 10 or 20 photos and you copy them, those who look after you have to wait for 20 or 40 photo's to download :nono: and so on if others also do it.

SO PLEASE, don't copy others photo's unless you need to and then only the one or two which are required - i.e. deleat the others before adding your reply. Or even after if you didn't realise you'd done it.

Perhaps the mods could start to have a quiet word with those doing this and deleat the coppied photo's. PLEASE.

This is really starting to bug me.

Are repeated photos downloaded twice? Doesn't the web browser buffer stuff like that as one might expect? Maybe there is a setting...

Personally, I wouldn't object if the 'reply' button was removed completely. Cut and paste is easy enough if you want to identify an excerpt.

Only if you "reply to a specific post, which is why it has a quote mark in front of it :nono:

But not if you Add Reply to the topic, which is at the top and bottom of the page.

The +quote allows you to copy several peoples comments and reply to them all. But with either, it is easy enough to just deleat out the pic's or other irrelevant text.

I can understand that new people who aren't aware how things work yet, can do this. But people who have been on ages and have in excess of 50 posts have no excuse.

Edited by Phil Green

Only if you "reply to a specific post, which is why it has a quote mark in front of it :nono:

But not if you Add Reply to the topic, which is at the top and bottom of the page.

The +quote allows you to copy several peoples comments and reply to them all. But with either, it is easy enough to just deleat out the pic's or other irrelevant text.

I can understand that new people who aren't aware how things work yet, can do this. But people who have been on ages and have in excess of 50 posts have no excuse.

Ive been here a couple of years now and still use 'reply'. Probably because it is closer to hand and worked the first time I pressed it so I never bothered to use anything else. It doesnt help that the addreply button is all the way down the bottom of the page. I often want to write a reply before getting to the bottom and I wouldnt scroll back to the top for the other addreply button.

Edited by mantrid