Coffee

Leo

if a plant has stopped growing in winter then fertilizing wont make it grow again. It can however make the plant store more engergy for the next growing season, so the results should be clear in the spring. For me it worked that way. fertilizing neps with coffee during the winter showed no effects, untill the new growth kicked in. The coffee addict plant kicked off much more vigirously. That test however was only performed on 2 plants, so i dont have a big sample.

Edited by Tha_Reaper

if a plant has stopped growing in winter then fertilizing wont make it grow again. It can however make the plant store more engergy for the next growing season, so the results should be clear in the spring. For me it worked that way. fertilizing neps with coffee during the winter showed no effects, untill the new growth kicked in. The coffee addict plant kicked off much more vigirously. That test however was only performed on 2 plants, so i dont have a big sample.

Yes two plants will likely not win over any statisticians.... Also the likelihood of the plant storing energy in winter is not very high as the overall metabolic rate is depressed.

After reading various threads about coffee I was wondering whether anyone has seen dramatic results strictly in the depths of winter in their respective hemispheres...?

Just curious.

I really believe in the coffee treatment for Neps but I dont generally fertilize in winter, due to inactivity of plants, unless I provide artificial(wich I dont)....

DexFC(dchasselblad74)

I tried coffee for the very first time a few months ago (on neps I mean) and have seen no benefits, but it was on my outdoor nep that has barely done anything in that time since it's winter here. I think fertilising, in general, is really only useful when plants are in full growth.

But spring's on the way so I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to add some amazing anecdotes to the list of coffee success stories.

Edited by Tim Caldwell