rare Dionaeas and some other plants

Hi guys,

here you can see some interesting plants of my collection (mainly Dionaea).

So have fun.

Best regards

Matze

med_gallery_5003_302_124207.jpg

med_gallery_5003_302_103337.jpg

some interesting with long teeth

med_gallery_5003_302_14448.jpg

Bimbo, thats a plant with very big traps, up to 5cm, and a very dark red inside the trap, an old clone by Dr. König

med_gallery_5003_302_62557.jpg

med_gallery_5003_302_26500.jpg

Crocodile

med_gallery_5003_302_112167.jpg

Korrigans

med_gallery_5003_302_84973.jpg

Louchapates

med_gallery_5003_302_123956.jpg

Triton

med_gallery_5003_302_27666.jpg

med_gallery_5003_302_104576.jpg

Trichterfalle/Funnel trap

med_gallery_5003_302_95302.jpg

Schuppenstiel I

med_gallery_5003_302_31223.jpg

Schuppenstiel II

med_gallery_5003_302_29385.jpg

One of the small Umgekrempelt

gallery_5003_302_128962.jpg

Some beautiful plants! Nice big N.truncata.

I love the Umgekrempelt, are some of its traps able to capture pray at all?

It looks like you don't lack the space to grow plants, that's one huge greenhouse!

Guest miles

Very nice Mathias. I really like the 3rd dionea with the long teeth and the pings. Looking forward to see more images from your collection.

-Emil... the Swedish dude

Thank you for your comments.

@nadja77: the Umgekrempelt can´t catch some flys, because the traps don´t close.

@ThomasL: yes, we will see us next month

@miles: nice to see you here Emil, i will post some more pics for you the next days...

Best regards

Matze

Great pics Matze, I also think the dionaea with the long teeth is very nice - does it produce these all year and every year? Or is it is new plant for you?

I love the Umgekrempelt!! Give a shout if you get a spare and want to swap or sell it.....

The truncata also looks very impressive and nice cephs too :tu:

Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

Heather

I love the Umgekrempelt!!

Are you serious ? i guess yes, i can't say i love this plant, it is strange, interresting but i don't love, i prefer louchapates or coquillage, or triton.

Yes, I think its an interesting vft Julien!! Coquillage wins for me though, its one of my favourite vfts!! I really like triton and loucha too but my triton vfts are still quite small, I look forward to seeing them when they are a bit bigger! Its the same my my loucha though too, still small so I have yet to see its full potential!

Hi,

Heather, i take you to the wishlist for the Umgekrempelt.

The Dionaea with the long teeth, it´s my first year i have it, i selected it from seedlings, so i can´t say much about it.

Yes, Zlatokrt, thats Primula farinosa.

Best regards

Matze

Hi Matze, nice pics again and thanks for adding me to the wishlist for Umgekrempelt - I appreciate that! It will be interesting to see if your seedling keeps the long teeth, I hope it does :D

I have also heard about a vft called "trichter", do you know if this is perhaps also another german clone?? Is it the same as Trichterfalle/funnel trap?

Heather

Hi Heather,

yes you are right, the name "Trichter" is only a short name for the "Trichterfalle".

It´s the same like you say "Loucha" for "Louchapates".

And i will watch the Dionaea with the long teeth.

Best regards

Matze

Guest Andreas Eils

Hello Mathias,

here are some more pics visible than in the GFP forum. Most are very nice and impressive Dionaea clones. I particularly like the 1955, 1979, the one with the very long teeth and "Bimbo". I still wonder about the name "Bimbo" because if a name shall express one or more particular characteristics what shall "Bimbo" express. Or is the characteristic of "Bimbo" unstable? I have noticed a single strangely shaped, still developing trap on your plant. And I thought that may be the characteristic the plant is named for. (Looks a little like a fist with the thumb up! :) )

"Umgekrempelt" looks really sick! :confused: The German term "Qualzucht" would fit quite well to this plant. :rolleyes: Like "Bart Simpson" (or "Wacky Trap") nothing I´d like to grow. But I grow a small "Cup Trap" which looks very nice. A year ago I saw a list of more than 50 different Dionaea clones and cultivars and I just couldn´t believe my eyes! Probably in ten years the list will contain 500 different Dionaea clones... :bad:

Thanks again for showing!

Bye,

Andreas

A year ago I saw a list of more than 50 different Dionaea clones and cultivars and I just couldn´t believe my eyes! Probably in ten years the list will contain 500 different Dionaea clones... :lol:

Thanks again for showing!

Bye,

Andreas

There's about 550 different clones listed on Bob's Photo site now. http://www.cpphotofinder.com/Dionaea.html