BBC gardeners world

danthecpman

Hi

A very good day was had today both hewitt-cooper and hampshire cps getting golds =) I do have pictures but come to think of it i do not know how to upload them, any help?

Cheers guys

Edited by danthecpman

• Upload them to an image hosting site, such as http://tinypic.com/
  • Resize them to 800 x 600 - Tinypic has this facility on the upload page.
  • Copy the created code and paste directly into a forum topic (don't use the forum 'Insert Image' button.

Edited by mobile

First upload your photos to here, or somewhere like photobucket. Once they are there use the "Link directly to your photo" code under each photo to insert them into your posts using the insert image button in the bar at the top of the post box. It's easier than it sounds lol!

Edited by LoopyLee

Dan,

On Photobucket, there is a 'Share this image' box on the left of the pictures you posted there, within that there is an 'IMG Code', if you paste this code directly into the forum topic then it will display the pictures.

For instance, the below code is the one for your first picture.

[IMG=http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy269/Danevans1991/receipt1040.jpg]

Pasted directly into the topic it looks like this...

receipt1040.jpg

Edited by mobile

I've said this before, but it would be great if Andy or one of the other mods could post a set of instructions as a sticky ...

not just a set of instructions a step by step guide for dummy's! imagine your explaining it to your grandad thats what i need, img code, photobucket and resizing brings me out in a cold sweat! :suicide: i've maneaged to post images to an album on my profile but as for posting flicks on the threads???? i'm on other web forums that i just click a box it says browse i select my pic and bobs your aunties live in lover.

I wrote the step-by-step guide for using the old CPUK photo hosting. The photo hosting software has since been updated and I was going to write a new guide, until the question of picture resizing came up in another topic. Basically, the CPUK photo hosting site does not have the option to to resize picture and I don't want to encourage people to post non-resized images, due to the file sizes. This left me me two options, which were to either instruct on how to perform a resize prior to uploading to CPUK photo hosting, or use a seperate hosting site which can do the resizing. For the first option, you would require software on your computer to perform the resizing and, given that there are a multitude of options available here, it would be impossible for me to create a generic instruction. The second option of using a hosting site has a similar issue, in that there are multitudes of image hosting sites, so it would not be possible for me to create a generic guide. A good example is above, where I have given basic instructions on using Tinypic but Photobucket has been used. Whilst both sites can resize and create the tags, the terminology and layout on those sites are different which makes it very difficult to give precise instructions.

not just a set of instructions a step by step guide for dummy's! imagine your explaining it to your grandad thats what i need, img code, photobucket and resizing brings me out in a cold sweat! :teehee: i've maneaged to post images to an album on my profile but as for posting flicks on the threads???? i'm on other web forums that i just click a box it says browse i select my pic and bobs your aunties live in lover.

Haha ye never posted images before so bit of a new area for me =S