What does a new growth point look like?

I'm wondering what a new growth point just as it starts to form looks like. Does it start as a single, normal leaf and more leaves form around it, or something different? My Sarracenia "Purpetrator" (I'm thinking likely a catesbaei backcrossed with a purpurea) I bought a few weeks back was a fresh division with a single growing point, and no rhizome segment but plenty of roots. Just recently, something appeared on the surface near the growing point-- at first it was white, but it quickly tunred green. What I'm wondering is if it is a root that for some reason decided to grow straight up, or the birth of a growing point.

spurpetratorgreenshoot.jpg

Any insight?

Edited by Anastarian Tundra Flower

• 1 month later...

A quick update on this for curiosity's sake. That original thing I was asking about was just a root tip, but over the past 2 1/2 weeks, the one growing point of "Purpetrator" has started 1, 2, 3, and finally a couple of days ago a 4th real new growth point. Even the smallest leaf is unmistakably a leaf and not a root tip.

spurpetratornewgrowthpo.th.jpg

For all I know, more may be on the way.