Nepenthes NCCPG open day

Derek

Hi All,

I know it's late in the day, but next Saturday, 12th. June, I'm having an open day for my Nepenthes National Collection. It is housed in a 60 x 12ft purpose built growhouse, and anyone who wants to come along would be most welcome. There's also a large Sarracenia collection grown in several ponds which are constructed of sleepers and butyl liner, all housed in a large polytunnel.

PM me if you would like to come and need directions.

Derek.

Derek is greatly UNDER selling his collection. This really is a MUST SEE.

Here are loads of pic's from his 2007 Open Day, I haven't seen it for 2 years now, so I bet it is substantially bigger.

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?s...=21377&st=0

I can't wait to see it again, nor to have a few beers with ya Derek. I just hope we don't run into the traffic troubles we did going to Mike,s.

Thanks to Derek for his hospitality and great to see the usual faces again. Met at least 4 new people, but as this is the premier Nepenthes collection in the UK as well as a very impressive Sarracenia collectoion (and of course, the Heliamphora), why don't more of you out there come along? 2 open days rolled into one making a perfect CP indulgence weekend...need I say more?

Luckily Sheila and Dave reminded me and dragged me along... Been so busy the past year that the time has flown! But one thing is for sure, We were only thinking of a short stay, and the hours seemed to fly by, but how can you take in Dereks collection quickly!!... As requested I will post piccies up but need to pick the kids up from school first!. Thank you Derek for another wonderful open day!

• 3 weeks later...