Pinguicula medusina

• 5 weeks later...

Pinguicula medusa gets the same treatment as my other mexican pings.

They are planted in pots with a diameter of 9 cm (3,5 inch), which are located in a greenhouse.

They receive shadow during the warmest hours of the day.

The soil mix that i use is perlite : vermicultie : coarse sand in a ratio of 1:1:1 with a little bit of added peat.

In the summer i water them using the tray method, and let the pots stand in 2 cm of water, during the winter i keep the soil damp, but never let it dry out.

During the winter I keep them at 5 to 7 degrees celsius (41 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit)

Thanks for the growing conditions! Is this plant exhibiting a summer dormancy?

Picture017-4.jpg

I have it in APS, now, following a winter and spring in perlite / crushed coral / sand / egg shells.

Pinguicula medusina gets the same treatment as my other mexican pings.

They are planted in pots with a diameter of 9 cm (3,5 inch), which are located in a greenhouse.

They receive shadow during the warmest hours of the day.

The soil mix that i use is perlite : vermicultie : coarse sand in a ratio of 1:1:1 with a little bit of added peat.

In the summer i water them using the tray method, and let the pots stand in 2 cm of water, during the winter i keep the soil damp, but never let it dry out.

During the winter I keep them at 5 to 7 degrees celsius (41 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit)