Drosera banksii pollination

katie1101

Hi Katie,

Fortunately, flowers of D. banksii are self-fertile, and at least plants under my growing conditions are even selfing. This species produces rather few seed grains per capsule (compared to other tropical Australian Drosera), thus you should pay attention to harvest the ripe seed in time, not to loose too much.

Congrats for successfully growing and flowering this rarely grown species!

All the best,

Andreas

Hi Katie,

Fortunately, flowers of D. banksii are self-fertile, and at least plants under my growing conditions are even selfing. This species produces rather few seed grains per capsule (compared to other tropical Australian Drosera), thus you should pay attention to harvest the ripe seed in time, not to loose too much.

Congrats for successfully growing and flowering this rarely grown species!

All the best,

Andreas

Hi Andreas, thanks for your information! Most of my other tropical drosera as time goes by, fill the pots with their natural clumping tendencies. Wonder if this specie will continue growing after flowering and clump form to fill the pots. Propagation by division would then be another possibility.

Also, with my other tropical drosera leaf pullings will strike in correct conditions, wonder if this specie would lend to this possibility as well.

Have a great day, Good growing-Katie