D. lasiantha x ericksoniae

Dear all,

I showed some pictures of this new hybrid last year. As it gets more and more beautiful, I could not resist to post a few more pics. The shots were made saturday. Unfortunately, due to the overcast sky the flower did not completely open that day.

These plants are both grown from seeds and look very much alike. Interestingly, the gemmae of one clone started to grow faster than the gemmae of the other one. A few weeks later the difference was no longer visible.

Drosera_lasiantha_x_ericksoniae1.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_x_ericksoniae2.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_x_ericksoniae3.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_x_ericksoniae4.jpg

As I will show pictures of another hybrid soon, I would like to mention that this one produced at least enough gemmae to share some among interested growers. Sooner or later this hybrid may make it into your collection (that is if you are interested in growing this one)

Cheers

Dieter

It's absolutely lovely Dieter.. You will have to show some photos of the flower fully opened..

Recently I've tried to cross D.barbigera with D.pulchella...but to be honest I don't know how different are these two species from the genetic point of view...let's see if something interesting happens!

BTW : Fantastic hybrid Dieter!

How is this flower different than the other omissa hybrids? I see the petals are not rounded at the edge but too bad the inside is not visible. I wish it had more lasiantha in its looks but looks like omissa is taking over no matter who the parent is.

On cloudy days, if i really want to see a flower i just put a light over the plant and keep it warm...it usually works and the flower opens normally.

I think i say it before but....pretty god job you are doing with all the hybrids!!!

Hi all,

thank you for your nice comments!

Mark, I posted some pictures (probably in this forum as well) last year here. The flower on the picture is still not fully open, but I will take care of that. This hybrid seems to flower freely, so it is just a question of time.

Best regards

Dieter

Looks like i have a short memory. I have seen the flower before and it does look more like lasiantha. See here

Jim, maybe later this month i will be able to send some gemmae your way. We'll see.

Edited by mark.ca

Nice hybrid!!! I believe that by D.ericksoniae you mean D.omissa, correct? :) (see http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?s...&hl=omissa)

Thanks,

Fernando

This is what I have D. omissa (pink flower'). It came out more purple than it looks in real life:

Picture011-2.jpg

Nice hybrid!!! I believe that by D.ericksoniae you mean D.omissa, correct? :) (see http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?s...&hl=omissa)

Thanks,

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

yes, it is the ericksoniae/omissa. I understand the rules for this name, but do not like it as it creates an extra portion of confusion potential.

Best regards

Dieter

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

as so many flowers were open last saturday, I spent some time taking pictures of all these lovely colours. Here is an update for this hybrid:

Drosera_lasiantha_x_ericksoniae5.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_x_ericksoniae6.jpg

Today 3 flowers should have opened, but unfortunately I will have to stay in the office until very late :mad:

Cheers

Dieter

No, it is just a lousy attempt to hide the pot rim. I removed the sphagnum afterwards again. I can not even say that I prefer the sphagnum in the background over the (black) pot rim with some more black in the background. I guess, you will not get to see many more pictures like this from me again.

Cheers

Dieter