When will it rain?

aren't we all a bit mad, to love the rain, after having had such bad weather for such a long time? all for the plants. HA! :2095:

I've luckily now exchanged the resin in my water-deionizer, so I need no no longer depend on rainwater. :)

Can you use water from a Brita Filter Jug? As I have spent £30 on RO water and need more.

for that £30 (ok, a bit more...) you could have bought your own simple 2-phase RO filter system and never have water problems again (unless 200 liters/day doesnt cut it)

Edited by Tha_Reaper

Weve just had a heavy shower here in Birmingham so hopefully there is plenty more to come, are we mad wishing for rain?? well im not complaining its well overdue :wink: was down to my last couple of litres and nothing but rainwater will do for my much pampered CPs!!!! :wink:

I am not worry about rainwater for my CP ,i have stored a few 1000 liter ,but i am worry for my garden plants,she become sunbrand and growing not :wink:

4 weeks whitout a drop off water for Belgium its not normal,i live in the Kempen,it s very sandy soil here and very fast dry up,meaby sunday we got a bit off water,i hope :wink:

cheers Willy :l_sunny: 30° today

I was down to my last liters too, luckily we had a a short shower thursday and I could top off a couple of bottles.

Because of all the pollen in the air it was yellowish but beggars can't be choosers.

I hoped for some serious rain today (forecast as a possebility) but more then a few drops I haven't seen yet.

Tomorrow we're expecting some real rain (heavily in places) and I hope to be able to fill everything in and around the house before the good weather starts again.

Raining all day here now, forecast is rain all next week. . :negative:

Not only does it rain more, but the tap water's nice and soft :tu:

Where I live the tapwater is so hard ,the plants would die just from standing next to a glass of the stuff. :banging:

You're lucky never having to worry about water(or lack of)

Edited by carnivoor

Raining all day here now, forecast is rain all next week. . :mad:

today 1/2 cm water,wheatermen say a lot off rain today :tu: ,it s allmost 4 weeks whitout a drop ,meaby tomorrow more :banging:

Cheers Willy

NOT YET, we only had a short shower again last night ,maybe 15 liters worth of rain, :D way too little to last long.

I got a slimline 100L rain butt as I'm limited for space in the corner where it goes, but the rain last night filled it. I've topped up all my plant trays today plus filled the containers I had so I have a bit more room for some more rain water in the butt now :Laie_98:

Raining a lot here as well, but it isn't good for moth trapping

At leat the water butt is full.

I agree completey! The needs of mothing and CPs are contradictory :D

I have 10 large water butts which were all full until a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a bathroom extension which means I've had to drain the 5 on the house - all were getting full of mortar and cement powder and I was worried about the effects on pH. This means not only have I lost 1/2 my water stores, but I also can't refil them until the builders are finished. 3 of the other 5 butts are full, but collect more slowly as they are attached to the greenhouse.

On the other hand, rain does interfere with the 'normal' gardening so you can't win.

Where I live the tapwater is so hard ,the plants would die just from standing next to a glass of the stuff. :D

They will indeed, but thats because of the massive amounts of chlorine in the water in belgium. the chlorine fumes just kill those plants from a distance :Laie_98: