U.longifolia

Jonathan F.

When do U.longifolia start to cume in to new growth after winter???

If you keep them a little warm, the leaves last for more than a year and continue to grow for several seasons (two at least), getting larger each year, I suspect mine was too cold and is now dead. Yours could be anything in-between depending on the temps it had.

Mine make it s first flowerstalk ,leaf go not away normally ,so i think your plant is no longer alive ,sorry for this.Meaby you set too cold like manders mention,at least above 7°.I cultivate this one only from just before winter ,i started whit 3 plants . 1 i set in the greenhousse whit min temp off +7° ,this one died very Quick,other 2, i set on 15° one off them in a terrarium ,the other in a heated room and she are doing very well ,plant in terrarium do the best,plants can not have match cold i think,

cheers Willy

It has been in the greenhouse at temp lows 45f but I got it from plants-a-float about 8 weeks ago but there was no leaves on it when I got it.

They can lose their leaves if kept dry over winter, should start to grow again soon if that was the case. Not sure if they ever lose their leaves due to cold when still wet and grow back again, i've only experinced lost leaves when i've let them go dry in the winter. YOu could have a dig around and see if there are any white roots in there with traps on, mine have all gone brown and rotten.

They do prefer warmer temps but all of my forms occasionally experience temps down to near 0C (more regularly to around 2C) in winter and none completely lose their leaves. The day temps on these days usually rise into the mid teens in the glasshouse though so this may allow them to keep growing happily.