my greenhouse cleaned and rearranged

Guest enry69

I would like to ask those who have experience using these black plastic square pots ~ I came across some of these pots that are thin and quite brittle especially being used under direct sunlight. Are they of similar quality and not that durable most of the time ??

I would like to ask those who have experience using these black plastic square pots ~ I came across some of these pots that are thin and quite brittle especially being used under direct sunlight. Are they of similar quality and not that durable most of the time ??

In the Uk at least, you can buy 'thin' or 'thick' wall pots. The pots that I use are thick and have lasted for 3 or 4 years. Mine have never gone brittle and have ben reused many times over.

Alex

There a whole range of different thikness pots over here.

The thick ones seem to last almost forever. Although years ago I did have some small coloured thick ones which did eventually go brittle - but they must have lasted a good 15-20 years.

I've recently bought a load of previously used 'mid thickness' ones. A few were split from the previous use, but these look like they will also last a long time (with moderately careful use).

There are also ones which are 'paper' thin. You have to be very careful how you handle them, otherwise they split - but I don't think this is related to going brittle in the sun. Given very carefull use they can be reused many times - they are just fragile due to their thinness.

Thanks a lot for your kindness Pals ~

We don't have these pots available here although it is quite ridiculous ... I bought square pots from Taiwan before but I have heard that the factory stopped producing these pots some time ago ...

Can any of you suggest where I can order say 500 pots of various sizes and what "thickness" could be more suitable ??

Sincerely, Avery

Thanks again Pals ~

I have made a search in google and ebay ~ Yes, I did find something that could be what I am looking for ~

http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=item3a59651ef2

http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=item3a58d50724

This seller has 2 kind of pots ~ one is "strong rigid" as described ~ Does anyone know whether the thinner one is really more fragile ??

And another seller is selling similar pots here ~ Are these the same with the one above ??

http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=item1e52182e08

Thanks in advance ~

By the way, I am not sure whether it could be inappropriate to post these selling posts here ... please let me know if I shouldn't ~

Sincerely, Avery

Edited by avery

We order our pots from oakland gardens. They have a great range of pots in different shapes, sizes and thickness. Pretty reasonable prices too. I will see if I can find thier email address for you.

Dianne

Thanks Dianne for your info ~

Yes, I have emailed oaklandgarden a couple of days ago but unfortunately Lee replied to me that they don't ship outside UK ... I've just thought that he ships world wide as mentioned in ebay ...