4+ pound Amorph. Konjac in bloom, 13 pounder will bloom soon too!

Tommyr

You grow that in your house?... you'll need a peg on your nose! :sun_bespectacled:

LOL! Boy do I KNOW! It's too cold here for it to be outside, even though daytime temps have been in the upper 60F to low 70'sF. What great plants these are though!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I never knew you could grow the corm outside the soil like that, very cool! I'll try that with mine next spring. Huge corm btw! Congrats

Well, the flower period you can grow it out of soil, shortly after bloom it went in soil (big pot( then after last frost was moved outside in

bright shade for the growing season.

You could use that as a method of torture.

And you could use the chinese bamboo method, by letting it grow trough a preson. But, please, don't do it!

Great looking plant, why not try going for a titam arum, the biggest (I think) One!

Then you could have a real sinker!

You could use that as a method of torture.

And you could use the chinese bamboo method, by letting it grow trough a preson. But, please, don't do it!

Great looking plant, why not try going for a titam arum, the biggest (I think) One!

Then you could have a real sinker!

Not sure what you mean by the first comment. As for getting a Titam arum I don't have room, they get huge.

Amorphs are one of my favourite groups of flowers. Started collecting them a number of years back. Konjac does grow a big tuber for the size of the plant (leaf). Despite it being one of the most common in cultivation, I've never been able to get one. But I've got 8 other species so far. The biggest up to now has been A. paeoniifolius that grew to 2.27 metres. This is the flower I got from it last season.

medium.jpg

They're native to here, a photo of a tall one out bush.

medium.jpg

My A. titanum this morning, only 29 centimetres so far but gaining height rapidly.

medium.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Still didn't see any on Ebay but someone kindly sent me some tubers so now I have another species in my collection. :good2:

I see them on eBay almost every day. Save a search and have email on them sent to you.

Thanks, but it doesn't matter now. When I checked Ebay (Au) there weren't any shown. Meantime someone has sent me some so I have 8 now. No doubt within a year or two I'll be over run with them, just like at present with the bulbifer and paeoniifolius. Will have to set up a special (large) garden to take all the excess tubers and just let them fend for themselves. Should make an interesting sight.

Thanks, but it doesn't matter now. When I checked Ebay (Au) there weren't any shown. Meantime someone has sent me some so I have 8 now. No doubt within a year or two I'll be over run with them, just like at present with the bulbifer and paeoniifolius. Will have to set up a special (large) garden to take all the excess tubers and just let them fend for themselves. Should make an interesting sight.

Great! Have FUN with them! GREAT plants! Mine did real well this year!