package from GB to GER longer than 2 weeks ?

Hi all

I had made a trade with some Sarracenias, and I am waiting for the package from my trade partner from england !

Do you thing a package from england to germany could take more than two weeks ?

thanks

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

never longer than five days.

Regards

Gerd

Four days is the maximum it has taken for anything I've sent from the UK to Germany. If you've been waiting two weeks I would suggest that it has either got stuck in customs or is lost.

Do you thing a package from england to germany could take more than two weeks ?

Yes, I think so, because it happened to me already.

By the end of December (2009) I ordered some Nintendo WII accessories at Amazon.co.uk, not sold by Amazon directly, but by one of their selling partners. It was immediately shipped.

The item arrived around the 10th of February (2010) here in Germany.

Time of delivery something over 40 days.

Hi

I traded some Fly traps last year and received my package in about 3-4 days. I posted my spares from the UK and spent the next 2 weeks emailing back and forth. Thankfully the plants did arrive and survived but I wasn't very happy with the service. Looks like the UK postage can be very tempremental I'm afraid.

thanks all !

I`ve ordered many times in the UK and some packs need about 7-9 days but never over 10 days !

I´m very curios about the arrival the next week ! if not they would be lost :sun_bespectacled:

But this is very bad because the plants are very rare !

greetz

Pascal

Two weeks is getting on a bit but I've had plants take a lot longer to arrive 0than that so don't worry, I'm sure that they will show up in time. I've sent some plants to Italy and, that was two weeks ago and nothing has shown up yet, but I'm sure they will.

Alex.

This theme does crop up again and again. Many times plants to EU countries will get through very quickly other times they can be destroyed on route. The issue is that some EU postal services officially will not allow the posting of live plants, and when found, such as in a random inspections the plants will be destroyed. Also officially the UK post office will not accept plants for posting to some EU countries and will not give a refund if those packages go missing (unless you lie about the contents).

• 8 months later...

well i must say I had sent two good sized parcels to ireland and both have been lost so i have sent recorded this time and its still taking its time to arrive at its destination. I think the post office are going though a bad stage =/

Dan

i have sent recorded this time and its still taking its time to arrive at its destination.

Recorded (Signed-for) is no different from standard first of second class post, as far as delivery time is concerned. It is merely first or second class post with additional proof of delivery (within the UK). It is a common misconception that it provides a prioritised service.

Edited by mobile

Recorded (Signed-for) is no different from standard first of second class post, as far as delivery time is concerned. It is merely first or second class post with additional proof of delivery (within the UK). It is a common misconception that it provides a prioritised service.

I know it doesnt make them deliver it faster but it normally takes about 3 days from Eng to ire. I only sent signed for to ensure it actually gets there =D

I know it doesnt make them deliver it faster but it normally takes about 3 days from Eng to ire. I only sent signed for to ensure it actually gets there =D

It's no more likely to get there than if you had sent it standard delivery. If you require proof that an item was sent then you just need to ask for a certificate of posting from the Post Office counter, which is free. If someone then claims they have not received the item, you have proof that it was sent. With the exception of certain circumstances, such as needing proof that someone received a legal document, proving that you send something will suffice. Both first class and first class Recorded Signed For have the same level of compensation in the event of loss or damage (currently £41 maximum).

With signed for, you do at least have proof of whether or not it was delivered.

As we have all seen, just occasionally, the postman is an un-trustworthy temp. Without a signature, they can claim it was delivered - when it was actually dumped in a skip or is in their house for checking.

With signed for, there either is or isn't a signature. I know in theory, it makes no difference - but I've had post go missing both sent and recieving by standard post - but never when a signature was needed.

My postage to italy normaly takes around five days.Germany four.Sometimes it will take longer but it is unusual.It normaly means the package has got mislaid or misdirected somewhere and is found again sometime after.

When sending very rare plants i always send registered and insured.Then at least your covered financialy should the worst happen.

Edited by wallsg7

With signed for, you do at least have proof of whether or not it was delivered.

As we have all seen, just occasionally, the postman is an un-trustworthy temp. Without a signature, they can claim it was delivered - when it was actually dumped in a skip or is in their house for checking.

With signed for, there either is or isn't a signature. I know in theory, it makes no difference - but I've had post go missing both sent and recieving by standard post - but never when a signature was needed.

Except for when they don't process it through their system, like they did with one of mine. I knew it had been delivered, as it was an eBay sale for which I had received positive feedback, but when I checked the tracker it claimed that it was still in transit and was still showing so weeks later. They failed to send me any proof of signature, just telling me that it had been delivered. I have also had Recorded Signed For delivered to a neighboors address, as I was out, without me giving prior permission to do so. I now just obtain a proof of postage for any packages I send, of send it via an insured delivery service for anything valuable.