utricularia uxoris

bokaxika

Wow, I'd completely missed this species! I see it was published in 2005. It's in the Jan's CP Database, but not in Bob's CP Photofinder yet. Jan suggests it may be a synonym of U.jamesoniana. I see the flower scape is rather long, up to 19cm. U.asplundii?? I don't know enough about these Utrics to guess. Opinions anyone?

Best wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia

Hi,

that is realy very interesting. I'll try to get more of this kind of information, especially photos. According to the description should be bright green color of flower, which is interesting for me.

I agree with Fearnando, that will be some kind of the U. jamesoniana or U. asplundii - "time will tell us more" :-)

I know of any other case - such as Utricularia regia it's in the Bob's CP Photofinder, but not in Jan's CP Database yet. A pictures of Utricularia regia will be introduce in the exhibition Carnivorous plants and their biotopes (and many more unusual species), which will be held at the Botanical Gardens Liberec in April 2010 (I will give more information about this project into this forum, very soon).

Sorry but for me it´s not a new species than a malformed flower of a common Utricularia.I have had flowers like that on my normal asplundii for example. May be a bit fast to describe a new species.

Cleistogamous flower?

A pictures of Utricularia regia will be introduce in the exhibition Carnivorous plants and their biotopes (and many more unusual species), which will be held at the Botanical Gardens Liberec in April 2010 (I will give more information about this project into this forum, very soon).

Are you saying that U.regia is in cultivation already?? Or are these pics in the wild?

Thanks,

Fernando

Thanks for the info Alex!

the pictures af Utricularia regia in the exhibition are only from nature (same like all pictures in this project), so in exhibition will be just a picture from wild, no from culture. I am sure that this species is not in culture yet.

Well, nice to know there are at least pics of this species in the wild, it sure looks like a pretty one!

Best wishes,

Fernando

Edited by Fernando Rivadavia

Dear Fernando,

you have a true. When I read the description, I had some idea about the flower and venation color. But when I saw the first pictures it was much more impressive. This species is realy very cue and for me most beautiful species of terrestrial Utricularia.

Dear Fernando,

you have a true. When I read the description, I had some idea about the flower and venation color. But when I saw the first pictures it was much more impressive. This species is realy very cue and for me most beautiful species of terrestrial Utricularia.

Any chance you can you post the pictures here on CPUK? :)

Best wishes,

Fernando

Dear Fernando,

I would like to show a photo to the public but we have permission to use this pictures only for exhibition CARNIVOROUS PLANTS AND THEIR BIOTOPES and for exhibition catalog, which will be introduced in April in Liberec. So, please I am sorry but images Utricularia regia I can not provide, because I must respect copyrights.