Sign in to follow this  
elgecko

2 experiments / pics

The main experiment I'm posting here is a D. capensis grown in 100% lava rock. Has been in this soil mix about 5 weeks now.

Dcape.jpg

The second is a Heli I got in trade back in the beginning of 08. This is my experimental windowsill Heli, grown on a south windowsill. Needs re-potted in a bigger pot and maybe a division or 2 taken from it.

heli-1.jpg

Interesting stuff...

Im very keen to try Heliamphora on my south facing windowsill.

Thanks,

The one growing in lava rock doesn't surprise me as it's basically a form of passive hydroponics. From my limited experiments with CP hydroponics, I would say that it has potential. My VFT in rockwool is doing well and my Heliamphora in rockwool and LECA is starting to put on new growth after a period of acclimatisation.

All the Heliamphora I ever acquired as bare root or needing repotting are potted in a mix of rockwool, lava rock and perlite. So far the folliculata is proving monstrous, and the tatei has adapted and throwing out its first adult pitcher after sending out several sideshoots.