propagating cephalotus

GreenCurry

Can cuttings be taken form a Cephalotus and where and how to cut ?

I have a nice healthy plant and would like a couple more and thought cutting may work.

Both the pitcher leaves, vegetative leaves, flower stalks, and rhizomes of Cephalotus can be used for cuttings -- though they are usually taken later in the Spring or Summer . . .

Ive got some leaf pullings and root cuttings on the go at the moment but there currently sitting outside in my mini growhouse where the light levels are not great due to it being winter. Most people when it comes to Cephalotus propagation use grow lights!! so im thinking of investing in some, does anyone know which are the best and if the envirolights are any good as i only want a small set up??

Guest Carnivorous Beast
Ive got some leaf pullings and root cuttings on the go at the moment but there currently sitting outside in my mini growhouse where the light levels are not great due to it being winter. Most people when it comes to Cephalotus propagation use grow lights!! so im thinking of investing in some, does anyone know which are the best and if the envirolights are any good as i only want a small set up??

I think a 42 watt CFL would work good for a couple small plants. I dont have any experience with other types of lights.

How did the flower stalk segments you started last year go on? If successful, pictures please :laugh: .

Here's a shot from several months back of a lone flower stalk. A newly-formed leaf can be seen at its base . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant"

CFHG2-1.jpg

Edited by loligo1964