Open day 5th of June, 2010 @ 12 noon

Mike King

Nope, this one was short and ugly :wink:

He was most intolerant, and looked like he'd been waiting behind his net curtains for someone to park there. Poor lady... She handled him well, though.

I agree with Ian re. respectful parking on behalf of Mike - he has to live there, and we'd all like his Open Days to continue.

V2

Hi Vic,

Thanks for the input, but also please keep off the road in Queen Elizabeth way especially opposite me as it is a bit of a blind corner.

The best places are actually to go around the fron of the flats which are 100m past my rear garden entrance and to keep bearing left; the bays are nearly always empty and are only 250m from my house.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike,

Sadly I can't make it this year - too much work to do (both "work" work, and in the garden), just at the wrong time!

First time I will have missed it for 2 or 3 years.

I hope to get to at least one more Open Day sometime this year if at all possible - in the meantime, I hope you have a great day Mike, and I'm sure that everyone who gets there will enjoy it.

See you next year!

Can't make it this year again due to work, travel company that have to abort, etc.

Thought about driving over alone. Good thing I didn't though, car developed engine trouble. Better to have trouble at home and not in the UK (or any other foreign country).

I will see lots of you probably in Leiden anyway and better luck next time....I hope.

All of you that didn't manage to get to Mike's missed a great day out.

Loads of plants for sale,good company and refreshments all day long.

no doubt loads of pictures will follow to make you all envious.

ada

Thanks to everyone who turned up.

We had a cracking day with about 70 people here. Even I managed to acquire 4 new Sarracenia and 3 flytrap clones!

International attendance was at an all time high with:

10 from Germany

5 from Holland

1 from Sweden.

It was great to see the 'regulars' and also some new faces. Afterwards, 17 of us went to a lovely pub by the river Severn in Ironbridge to have a perfect evening to round off a perfect day.

http://www.meadowinn.net/

I do hope more can make it next year and I am penciling in the weekend off the 11th of June, 2011.

As people probably know, its now turning out to be more of an open weekend rather than an open day and a field trip to Church Stretton to look at Pinguicula and some Drosera is set for the Friday followed by some very welcome refreshments if the weather is hot!

Thanks Mike for another great day. Thank Helen for the refreshments. We are just sorry that we did not manage to get there sooner as the day went so quick. See you in a few weeks at our open day.

Ian and Dianne

Thanks to everyone who turned up.

I am penciling in the weekend off the 11th of June, 2011.

As people probably know, its now turning out to be more of an open weekend rather than an open day and a field trip to Church Stretton to look at Pinguicula and some Drosera is set for the Friday followed by some very welcome refreshments if the weather is hot!

Excellent day, Mike :smile: - Many thanks to you and Helen, all those friendly CP-ers, and your sons, for making sure I got my exercise for the day. (Forget solar panels... If you can find a supplier for a giant hamster-wheel and generator, they could replace at least one of the new nuclear power stations for the National Grid). :wink:

And you've already set a provisonal date and itinerary for next year :shock:

Now that's what I call proper planning for an annual event:

Count me in!! :banging:

V2

Edited by Vic2

Here are some Photos.

It was my first open day at mike King, but it was not the last.

Mike Thank you very much for your hospitality.

The Airplain was a little bit delayed and i still wait for my bags with the plants, but it was still a great Weekand.

gallery_4785_294_55676.jpg

gallery_4785_294_62717.jpg

gallery_4785_294_161826.jpg

gallery_4785_294_116431.jpg

gallery_4785_294_44624.jpg

gallery_4785_294_126171.jpg

gallery_4785_294_95932.jpg

gallery_4785_294_12325.jpg

gallery_4785_294_164250.jpg

gallery_4785_294_28994.jpg

gallery_4785_294_152915.jpg

gallery_4785_294_138554.jpg

gallery_4785_294_3412.jpg

gallery_4785_294_130787.jpg

gallery_4785_294_244955.jpg

gallery_4785_294_90327.jpg

I hope you enjoy

Bye Thomas

Hi Thoams,

Nice photos and I am really happy you enjoyed the weekend here.

I really do appreciate people making and posting pictures on the day, because with 70 people I could not make any photos of my own!

I hope your bagage turns up soon.