Open day 5th of June, 2010 @ 12 noon

Mike King

Hi everyone,

With the snow going and the weather warming up, time to think of summer and hopefully better weather than last year! (I forgot to slip the weathermen their usual £10 bribe for good weather last time..), you are all invited to my open day.

There are lots of changes from last time; a new greenhouse extension (yes, there really is (was) more space I could find!), a reorganised arrangement to accomodate 40 to 50 new plants and a new seedling zone so you can check out some of my latest creations on the 'grow'.

As usual, there will be plenty of refreshments, a wider range of plants for sale and please feel free to bring with you plants for sale or swap!

Please let me know if you intend to come so we can work out catering etc.

I also have on my links page a list of bed & breakfasts and if you are thinking of staying over, we will go out for a bite afterwards and if weather permits, a field trip on the Sunday is a possibilty as pinguicula vulgaris and all 3 British sundews are within 30 minutes of here.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

As it is getting close, please park in the areas marked with a green cross and please try to avoid parking on the side of the road especially in Queen Elizabeth Way!

There is plenty of parking in the bays there further in!

opendayparking1.jpg

Hi everyone,

As it is getting close, please park in the areas marked with a green cross and please try to avoid parking on the side of the road especially in Queen Elizabeth Way!

There is plenty of parking in the bays there further in!

Take heed about parking, guys...

Previously, I watched one of Mike's more distant neighbours come out and give a lecture to a lady who had parked in 'his' bay, although it was unmarked. He said it happens every year, and it went on for a good 5 minutes... :sun_bespectacled:

Vic2

Same happened with us as I was offloading and gestured to the guy I would not be long, I'm assuming it was the same guy (big and ugly).

Mike requests that we park in designated areas for a good reason and he has to live with them year round so do him a kindness.

I will add though that a lack of neighbourly intolerance must play a part as it is only twice a year.

Hi,

We shall make a trip to see some of the pings on Sunday morning, but I must be back by 1 to take some of teh German contingent back to the airport.

Same happened with us as I was offloading and gestured to the guy I would not be long, I'm assuming it was the same guy (big and ugly).

Mike requests that we park in designated areas for a good reason and he has to live with them year round so do him a kindness.

I will add though that a lack of neighbourly intolerance must play a part as it is only twice a year.

Nope, this one was short and ugly :wink:

He was most intolerant, and looked like he'd been waiting behind his net curtains for someone to park there. Poor lady... She handled him well, though.

I agree with Ian re. respectful parking on behalf of Mike - he has to live there, and we'd all like his Open Days to continue.

V2

Edited by Vic2