Car Insurance

Mags

My car insurance is up for renewal in January and i was on Confused.com trying to get a few quotes.

Im a 21 year old male with 1 year no claims driving a 12 year old Renault clio.

I got some interesting quotes including one for £7500 and an excess of £850!

My monthly payments are considerably more than what i payed for the car lol!

Im feeling a little more CONFUSED now than when i started :tu:

Thanks for the link it was very useful.

I tried adding my father last time around but my quota actually went up, even though he has like 30 years no claims...

£900 or less is my target and maybe a bit of wrangling this time will pay off

I'll let you know how i get on :banging:

QUOTE (Alexis @ 30th December 2009 - 18:38 PM)

Get your dad to insure it and put you on as a named driver.

Always worked for me! You 'could be found out' means what exactly? :banging:

I've saved a bit over the last few years with another trick as well, but I'd better not say here.

Your insurance will be invalid if not done properly. DONT TAKE THE RISK. They are wise to the tricks now and they will do anything NOT to pay out on a claim if the worse happens.

I (22 year old) have found tesco compare website the best for prices. Once the price is found ring the top 5 searches and get a quote over the phone, then play one against the over for the best price. Yes it may be 2 or 3 hours of work but you will save a few £100.

I have insured a 1.8 astra SRI for just over £2k with no no claims and am currently running a fabia VRS for £1200 with 1 years no claims. Fingers crossed this year it will drop again.

Good luck

Edited by -=Joel=-

I think the the CPS would have trouble building a case on that forum post David, even if Columbo worked for them.

The CPS may not be interested but the insurance companies may be. That aside, you shouldn't be suggesting fraudulent activities on a public forum.

#1. You're from Ireland, I'd charge you $10,000.00 U.S.D. a year and wouldn't even cover you if you ever left your driveway if I were an insurance broker.

#2 Move to Boston, hook up with a nice art school lass from NH and move there (B.T.W. , the whole "accent" thing goes a long way here).

#3 Insurance isn't needed in NH.

#4 ... Problem solved, that's why I'm here.

You're welcome, see you soon...

-Johnny

I feel slightly sorry for young drivers these days. When I started driving a car in my twenties, I don't remember insurance being this expensive. I'm nearly fifty now and insurance is not too bad for me. My courier insurance is nearly £800 though, which is enough. That's with a clean licence and full no claims bonus. I do drive about 80,000 miles a year.

Edited by David Ahrens