Damp off treatment????

Feed me Seymour!

Hi

I have grown some flytrap seeds in two different pots on a windowsill - one pot the seeds are growing big and strong and green - the other one seems to have damp off forming even though I grew both under the same conditions - and the seeds with the damp off dont seem to be growing as big - is there a treatment worth trying - not sure what to use as I assume normal fungus stuff could just kill the flytraps??? Or should I just throw them away and take it as a learning curve?

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Paul

If you want to treat them with a fungicide, you can use a sulfur-based one and that will work. You could also try repotting them and see if they perk up.

I assume that the damp off came from them being too wet? Dionaea don't really need much in the way of water. Just keep the soil damp and don't leave their pot sitting in water too long to help prevent damp off.

Good luck!

I frequently split seeds into different batches, and find that you can have 2 pots exactly the same, one does really well and the other...nothing. Once they start damping off there is little you can do, repotting would be my advice. Otherwise standard advice for damping off...good light and good ventilation.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Adamski1973

I highly recommend a fan. All my damp-off problems went away as soon as there was really good air movement for at least 4 hours of the day to dry off the leaves and the top most part of the soil. You will be watering more often, but it's a good trade off.