Life of Envirolite

I have had my heli's outside in a propagator during the summer, as it became colder I moved the propagators into the conservatory.

Last Sunday I decided with the colder temps and shorter photoperiod it was time to move them into the terrarium I had ready with a reflector and envirolite.

Today just five days later the bulb has gone! :shock:

I'm not in a hurry to replace it at the price paid, has anybody else experianced such a short bulb life?

Yeah, I had a few go bad within a week too, (mine were an EcoLux from Lowes), must have been a bad batch from some factory. I saved the receipt, and brought back the burned out bulbs and they gave me free replacements. So far, about 6 bulbs have gone out within a week! - Rich

Edited by rsivertsen

I've had the standard energy saving bulds go very quickly. But (touch wood) my 250W envirolite is still going strong - it was on last winter, about 5-6 months for about 12 hours a day. And has been on again this year for about 2 months about 11 hours a day.

If it goes any time soon - expect a vist AAJ :shock:

Edited by Phil Green

You need to make sure you get a real envirolite. There are a few fakes "copies" out there which I would guess are made with lesser components. Especially on Ebay.

I have had 5 bulbs 150w and 250w versions running 24 hours a day last year with no problems what so ever.

I've had the standard energy saving bulds go very quickly. But (touch wood) my 250W envirolite is still going strong - it was on last winter, about 5-6 months for about 12 hours a day. And has been on again this year for about 2 months about 11 hours a day.

If it goes any time soon - expect a vist AAJ :shock:

Be careful: even though they are "on" the quality of light emitted degrades over time. If you can get a light meter it's useful to check how the bulbs are faring with extended use.

I use my plants as indicators of the light quality and after almost 2 years at a 12 hour photoperiod, my 250W 6400K is going strong, and so are the plants. I've recently placed my Heliamphora under a 2700K not knowing what to expect, and they've reacted well with sturdy new growth.

You need to make sure you get a real envirolite. There are a few fakes "copies" out there which I would guess are made with lesser components. Especially on Ebay.

I have had 5 bulbs 150w and 250w versions running 24 hours a day last year with no problems what so ever.

5 bulbs x 24hrs, :shock: Blimey, Joel you must be rich!

It did come from ebay but pretty sure it was the real m'coy, chap is a powerseller and website www.enviro-gro-lites.co.uk

:wink: Phil you dont hit the fair sex. :smile:

5 bulbs x 24hrs, :shock: Blimey, Joel you must be rich!

Dont do it any more lol. Though the results were worth it :)

Though it didnt cost that my, around £10 a week or so, which if you think about some people spend that a day on fags, sweets & other cr*p.

It did come from ebay but pretty sure it was the real m'coy, chap is a powerseller and website www.enviro-gro-lites.co.uk

Hi, all

I think the guys name is Richard, Ive had both Envirolites (250W) and Plug-n-Gro (125W) lights from him, both are doing fine and my plants are thriving!

Regards

Langy