Lidless sarracenia

petesredtraps

There are two flava lidless clones, an all red one witch I've seen at Mikes there is also a flava var. flava... I've seen a picture somewhere, but don't ask me where.

There is also a kind of moorei lidless, there was a huge pot burster at the EEE in Ghent this year, I don't know any more about that unfortunately.

This one didn't look as weak as the lidless flava's I've seen. The pitchers where very tough and big, just like brooks hybrid.

And there is S. leucophylla 'Bris' you can see a picture over here: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Speci...44_46.html#Bris

I'm also pretty interested in them, especially in the 'Bris'

Edited by maverick

I have this one: someone said it's an oreophyla and someone else said it's an hybrid. If anyone can explain to identify this clone would be great!

16hsy7a.jpg

Edited by Altair

I grow 4 different flava lidless, 3 red and one veined. The lidless show in Gent this year was a true flava not a moorei.

Someone in Italy grow several lidless from his own seedling.

Here I am :)

I can't see the sense to catalog all these clones. If only I want more I have only to self-pollinate the Flava Claret..and (surprise!) there will be other genetically different clones! There are many lidless clones and there could be even more... ;)

PS: and it's not the only flava that produces lidless seedlings when self-pollinated :D

PPS: maybe these year a leucophylla lidless will appear? who knows! Self-pollination produces the rarest combination between recessive genes, some useful for evolution, some less (as the lidless mutation). The latter are the majority.

Good luck! :sun_bespectacled:

• 14 years later...