Some Pics from our two bogs

rolzan

Absolutely beautiful Rolf!

So is it the first time you set your Heliamphora outside (I remember you use to grow them in terrarium) of have you tried this experience before?

The results look very good.

That's something I wanted to try but never dared yet.

Truly,

François Mey.

Hi,

thanks, for the nice comments.

So is it the first time you set your Heliamphora outside (I remember you use to grow them in terrarium) of have you tried this experience before?

The results look very good.

That's something I wanted to try but never dared yet.

It's not the first time for my heliamphora growing outdoor, but its the first time for the plants growing in the bog. A few years ago i had all of my heliamphora in outdoor tanks during summertime.

Our second bog was planted in spring last year, the heliamphora have been there from april until september this year.

In the main i am very happy with the results, apart from a few small plants which havent come along very well. For this reason i will leave very small, young plants in the tank next year - all the others well developed and etablished plants will i put again in the bog next spring.

Best regards

Rolf

Edited by rolzan

In the main i am very happy with the results, apart from a few small plants which havent come along very well. For this reason i will leave very small, young plants in the tank next year - all the others well developed and etablished plants will i put again in the bog next spring.

Best regards

Rolf

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you have the feeling that your big Heliamphora grow better in the bog than they used to do in their tank?

Truly,

François.

Hello,

by and large would i say there is no major difference to see.

The pitchers colouring and form seems better pronounced under outdoor cultivation. And the pitchers developed outdoor are of course stronger and robuster than that one in indoor cultivation.

Yes - all the plants, excepted some of the hard drosera (D.rotundifolia, D.anglica, D. intermedia and hybrids) are potted. Mots of the plants are spending the wintertime in a heated Greenhouse.

Best regards

Rolf

Edited by rolzan

That is a incredible bog! You can grow your Heliamphora outside with your Sarracenia all year round?

Edit: misread a post you made, you put them in a tank during winter.

Edited by Joey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Beautiful bog! The lovely green moss bed makes it look so wonderful!

You live in Germany, how do Heliamphora species survive the winter there?

Greetings,

Jarkko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great looking bogs. Very colourfull!

I'm wondering... Is the water from the pond in contact with the bog or does the bog stand on its own? If its in contact with the pond, is it pure rainwater or a bit alkaline?

Cheers,

Ries