What's your favorite VFT and why?

petesredtraps

I've just been looking at my list pf vfts to try and pick a fave - not possible as love too many of them and my favouites tend to change quite often too - heres a few current faves though and why:

Wacky Traps - very unique and thats why I love it!

South West Giant - nice big traps and a nice shape to it, prefer vfts with longer petioles.

Red Piranha - fab colour and great teeth

Red Fused Petioles F04 - nice colour and also unique

Petiole Denté - love the serrated edge on the petioles

Microdents - nice short teeth, again very different to all the other clones

Louchapates, Coquillage, Alien - I've yet to see the best from my plants as they're still very small but from the pictures all look very interesting

Giant Form - produced some really nice big traps this year, looks a bit of a monster amongst the others so a firm fave

Fussy Teeth - interesting new clone, curved irregular teeth

Cupped Trap - very unique, all the ones that stand a out in the crowd will always be favourites!

Heather

Mine is "cup trap" and a cool variant which is known as "double head cupped trap", very weird...

and possibly the next is cv."petite dragon" which is like akai ryu but pigmy-sized.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it would have to be one of these 3 I can't quite decide in which order.

Red Piranha: love the colour and the teeth.

Trichterfalle aka funnel trap: I find all the ridges on the petioles makes for a very strange looking plant plus you get the funnel traps.

cupped trap: very interesting traps.

Ahh make that out of 4 I really like fused tooth also.

I'm going to stop there I could keep adding to this list there's quite a few interesting cultivars and clones for me I just cant make my mind up.

Lee

Like many people I have several favorites. I have a soft spot for red clones, so I really enjoy Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet and Petite Dragon because they are quite unique in terms of red clones. I too really like Fused Tooth because it gets nice red traps and the fused cilia are really incredible looking when they get extremely fused.

But I have to say right now my favorite plant is Wacky Traps because it's so different and crazy looking.

Edited by mmlr38

louchapates when it's mature it is a very beautiful clone, some fused teeth petiole is sude at distale extremity of trap(no sure it's correct in english ^^ ) , wacky very unique,coquillage very beautiful, microdent, fused tooth and washed trap very strange plant who produce some white very rare and interresting clone it's difficult, lot of vft are beautiful

I'm going to say Fused Tooth, but really it could be Royal Red (easy to grow, hardy, frost proof) or Giant Red (massive but fragile).

While we're on the subject, least favourite, Wacky Traps (horrible, nasty, pointless, but I know it has many fans so I can't be too rude about it).

Alex;)

• 2 years later...

Oh my! What a hard question! I love them all.... :connie_rockingbaby:

But I really like the look of the mature Korean Melody Shark.

I don't own one of those (yet).

Out of my own collection I like South West Giant and of course the famous B52. But I change my mind all the time. I can't really decide. Not really.

:hi:

B52, and fuzzy tooth. I have a plant that I got from Bugtraps called Ruby Royale, I don't know if that's the Royal Red that Alexa is talking about. I'm also liking the look of Green Wizard but I don't have it.

I'd love to hear Trev's favourites seeing they're his business.

Edited by Richard Bunn

Wow, what a difficult question... I just spent 10 minutes looking at them all, thinking if I could only have one which would it be?

It's a bit like being asked which is your favourite child... If pushed I'd probably pick Dracula, it's probably the best all round VFT of all the ones I've bred. Second I'd say SL-Seedling. Third 12 Teeth, something about it that I just love. Forth, Red Piranha. Fifth, Fused Tooth. Coquillage, Crocodile... so many I feel I've left out.

I like microdent for its pleasing overall shape, its uniqueness and the attractive orange/pink colour it goes in the summer.

I also like the shape of cudo, shame its so frustratingly small

Hard question.

Out of the ones i own i would have to say my faves are

1. Big Mouth - This VFT can colour up amazingly, one of my clumps looks almost like a red form. Its vigor and clumping growth make it a great pot filler and it continues to impress me more and more with its display of colour through the season.

2. Long Red Fingers - This grows unlike my other VFTs. From strange spines on the leaves to fused traps and teeth, this plant shows a host of abnormal charteristics making it fun to watch develop.

3. G14 - This cultivar has really impressed me. Its tidy upright growth and its mid season colouring make it a real eye pleaser at this time of year.

Out the the ones i don't own.

1. Jaws Smiley (Alien?) - Not sure if these are the same cultivar but the strange arcing traps are wierdly appealing.

After reading this i'm temped to buy another B52 as my current one has never looked happy despite having the same conditions as thriving plants and having a transplant. I now think maybe it wasn't ready to come out of dormancy when i recieved it and put it under my light.

• 2 years later...