New BBC Program Life

David Attenborough looks at the extraordinary ends to which animals and plants go in order to survive. Featuring epic spectacles, amazing TV firsts and examples of new wildlife behaviour.

This new series starts on BBC 1 at 21:00 0n the 12th Oct.

The series is spread over 10 weekly episodes one of which will contain some amazing CP footage using state of the art time lapse photography . We (Souh West Carnivorous Plants) supplied the plants for the close up photography and the clips we have seen have been fantastic, especially the shot of the sundew sending out waves of enzyme over its prey - amazing footage but we dont know which they have finally used.

The VFT used was a giant form raised by ourselves called 'Darwin'

Alistair

The series is going to be great! I've been lucky to see one or two episodes in an advanced showing and in HD!

Jim you can see it on the iPlayer.

Link

This worked for me. Try it and see. It's not really a preview but it does show a VFT well. You need to see the shows. They will be on the BBC's iPlayer after they have been on TV.

Edited by andyoliver

Pass. It's working from my home computer also every computer on the wards I work on, so it must be an international problem.

yeah, I believe that to be the case too, oh well.

It will be going to the U.S as i believe part of the funding came from the States.In Return for this the BBC had to Hold back on the evolution side of things.

I find the thought of our t.v diet in the U.K being influenced by creationists in another country sad .

Maybe God put C.P's on the earth on day one and realised he hadn't given them anything to eat so devised insects on day two.

ps my info came from a source working on the program.

It will be going to the U.S as i believe part of the funding came from the States.In Return for this the BBC had to Hold back on the evolution side of things.

I find the thought of our t.v diet in the U.K being influenced by creationists in another country sad .

Maybe God put C.P's on the earth on day one and realised he hadn't given them anything to eat so devised insects on day two.

ps my info came from a source working on the program.

That is very very sad!

Edited by andyoliver

I find the thought of our t.v diet in the U.K being influenced by creationists in another country sad.

If this is the case then I'm surprised they got away with the dinosaur reference when talking about the Komodo Dragon lizard :roll:

The first episode seemed to be quite general, the second was solely on reptiles and amphibians so perhaps they will have one solely on plants?

I think i read somewhere that there will be an episode based on plants...

Wikipedia says that it'l be episode 9:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_%28BBC_TV_series%29

I hope CP's feature heavily :tongue: