Avery's Pinguicula Collection ( Updated 23.11.2010 )

avery

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're just showing off, now! :smile: All looking fab! That is an odd looking emarginata a few photos up - be interesting to see the flower. I am guessing those little laueana plants are in a line where you laid the original leaf? I see you are trying sphagnum for some plants - any comments?

HI Jim,

It is just a record of my pinguicula collection only ~ I bet there are countless experts in this forum who grow much better and grow more than I do ~ I am still green in the CP field and I think I still have room for improvement in many ways ~ Hope to share with you all more beautiful plants in the future ~ I really wanna let more people see the different appearance of these beauties as they are changing their outlook all the time ~

I am starting to grow a portion of them with a very thin layer of moss on top ~ I think this can keep humidity a bit higher ~ However, i always keep temperature cool with lots of ventilation. Excessive heat can sure to cause fatal problem to these succulent plants in such a high humidity growing condition ~ I am still experimenting but it still takes time to see a more comprehensive result ~

Sincerely, Avery

Edited by avery

I am starting to grow a portion of them with a very thin layer of moss on top ~ I think this can keep humidity a bit higher ~ However, i always keep temperature cool with lots of ventilation. Excessive heat can sure to cause fatal problem to these succulent plants in such a high humidity growing condition ~ I am still experiencing but it still takes time to see a more comprehensive result ~

Your photos are very good! It is interesting what you say about humidity and temperature. I try to keep humidity a bit higher when it is warmer but I guess high humidity for me in a UK greenhouse is probably quite low compared to your conditions.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Avery,

It is nice to see such a well-grown, large variety of Mexican Pinguicula. Thank you for sharing photos of your plants. I wish you continued success and that your efforts to learn pollination are rewarded with interesting hybrids.

I look forward to your continuing to share with us.

Jose and Dani, thanks for your compliements ~

I haven't been able to propagate my own hybrid up till now ~ I think our weather is still a bit too hot for these mexican ping to flower abundantly ~ emarginate is the one which has flowers all the time but others don't ~ Hope to have success in the coming future ~

Dani, I don't know why my agnata x jaumavensis shows a lot of red colour most of the time during the year .. This is also one of my favorite one as it is small and red ~ I think I can try to propagate some leaf pullings this year as it seems to have grown big enough now ~