Feeding Frenzy - Macro Pics

elgecko

I have noticed a huge difference in my indoor plants since I started to feed them fruitflies. I know several other growers have started to do this also with great results as well.

I decided to snap some pictures of the carnage after some plants were fed.

******WARNING******

Graphic Material - Parental Discretion Advised

Proceed with caution!

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-036.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-049.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-055.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-071.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-004.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-027.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-020.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-019.jpg

Can someone help me!

Ohh the horror!

Hope you enjoyed them.

Thanks for the comment on the pics Rich.

I also have used fish pellets with good results as well.

Looks like I get even better results with the fruitflies.

Nice pictures.

The fruit flies are of course the better way to feed them, i´ve also tried this, but i does not really work with seedlings.

Do you have them now in the hole house? :smile:

Best regards,

Dani

I do raise both Drosophilia melanogaster and Drosophilia hydei. Both are thankfully contained in the jars. The wife may get upset if they where just running amuck. LOL

Drosophilia hydei is about 3 times as large as Drosophilia melanogaster.

The ones in the pictures are Drosophilia hydei.

I have used the Drosophilia melanogaster on seedlings.

What I've noticed about fruiflies is that they are very strong little beasts! They easily managed to free themselves from from many of my Drosera plants, not so though when stuck to my Byblis liniflora plant.

Nice pics Steven - the last but one shot is fantastic!

Regards

Martin

The one right above the last one is really cool, but I believe that the last one is my favorite also.

What I've noticed about fruiflies is that they are very strong little beasts! They easily managed to free themselves from from many of my Drosera plants, not so though when stuck to my Byblis liniflora plant.

I dump some flies out from my cultures and place them into a container that gets placed in the freezer for 10 or more minutes. All my flies are dead when I feed them. If you do not keep them in the freezer long enough, they will start moving around again once they heat back up.

I take no chances and make sure the flies are dead. I do not need another reason for the wife to get mad at me. LOL

I just put some banana pieces in a bowl with some water next to the plants. I chucked them out though when I couldn't bare the sweet-rotting banana smell :Laie_99: .

• 4 months later...
Guest Carnivorous Beast

Nice photos! Beautiful plants you got there!

Because of all the fungas gnats wanting to live in my nepenthes soil, I put some cape sundews in the window with them. Nearly everey leaf is slightly curled with many little struggling prey.