D. spatulata var. gympiensis ´Gympie, QLD, Australia´

Hi all,

after a longer time i´ve found a little bit time to take some pictures.

Today i´ve been lucky to see one of the flowers completely opened, normally i´m returning home when they are not any longer fully opened.

In my opinion this is the most beautiful D. spatulata; it has a relatively short flower stalk, it´s hairy and the sepals are hairy too and it´s the most colourful flower i´ve seen till now in the spatulata-complex. It´s even darker than on the pictures, but my camera has had problems with the exact colour.

The first pictures are indoor pictures the last one are taken outside.

D. spatulata var. gympiensis ´Gympie, QLD, Australia´

P1090334a.jpg

P1090334aa.jpg

P1090337a.jpg

P1090338a.jpg

P1090349a.jpg

P1090343a.jpg

P1090296a.jpg

P1090331a.jpg

I hope you like the pictures.

Best regards,

Dani

A lovely Drosera.

I was lucky enough to see this plant in the wild at Gympie, Queensland a couple of years ago and shall never froget it. Completely different to the form found on Frasers' Island, just a bit further north.

Thanks for showing

Andy

Hey Daniel!! Nice to see pics from you man. Its been a while. How are ya doing?? I remember you amazing clean and well organized plant racks, nep & heli tank. :) You got to give us some updates on those things sometime. :)

Thanks Carl and Carlos. :sun_bespectacled:

Carl, in the moment i´m still very busy, but i´m OK.

My plants are also relatively fine, nethertheless i´ve had not a lot of time for their care during the last half of the year. When i´ve a little bit more time i´ll post again some setup pictures.

Best regards,

Dani

Hi Daniel,

That is a very nice Spatulata indeed! Lovely hairy flower stalks :yes:

Is this variety a "weed" like the others?

Dont forget to show some south american drosera next time :P

regards

Anderson

Edited by Anderson Alves

Many thanks Anderson and Sebastian. :yes:

It´s not a "weed" like all the others, but of course it´s producing seed without any problems. Somehow the seed is not falling out of the dried seed capsule. Also the flower stalks are too short as if seed could fall into the pot next to the pot these plants are growing in.

So i´ve no spatulata var. gympiensis invasion till now. :P

From all the other forms i´m growing till now you can find plantletts in pots where they should not grow.

Anderson, of course i´ll show soon pictures of some south american Drosera as well. A few beauties have flowered during the last weeks and in the moment too.

Best regards,

Dani

Edited by Daniel O.