Dionaea short finger

Hello

Take pictures of this guy because may be he is a new one.Have you ever seen a cultivar like that?Not only the short fingers also the nice coloration inside.What do you mean?

1168.JPG

2169.JPG

3170.JPG

4171.JPG

5172.JPG

6173.JPG

Regards Alexander

Edited by fischermans

Looks nice Alexander :cray: Does it produce these short teeth all season or just in summer? Just curious as sometimes vft characteristics are more prominent in the summer. It looks like a nice clone though but in a bid to keep to the number of named clones under control I'd say only name it if it is very different to everything out there so far and perhaps think about registering it s a cultivar if it is. I do have a clone with short teeth coming in a few weeks but not sure if it looks like yours yet - I'll have to wait and see when it arives!!

Do you have a picture of the whole plant too?

Heather

• 1 month later...
Looks nice Alexander :yes: Does it produce these short teeth all season or just in summer? Just curious as sometimes vft characteristics are more prominent in the summer. It looks like a nice clone though but in a bid to keep to the number of named clones under control I'd say only name it if it is very different to everything out there so far and perhaps think about registering it s a cultivar if it is. I do have a clone with short teeth coming in a few weeks but not sure if it looks like yours yet - I'll have to wait and see when it arives!!

Do you have a picture of the whole plant too?

Heather

Hello Heather

Sorry for the late answer.There are not the whole seasen the short fingered traps.In the beginning of the year the fingers are longer. Here are 2 pictures of the plant taken today.

1174.JPG

2175.JPG

Regards Alexander

Edited by fischermans

Thanks for the reply Alexander, the clone I have with short teeth (originates from France) gets shorter teeth in summer when the light is good so is different to yours but also the interesting thing about yours is the coluration in the traps. Is this a stable colouration? Have you tested it for many years?

Thanks for the upate and the pic of the whole plant :yes:

Heather