"Fondue" & "Coquillage"

Lophophora

Hi, lovely photos, the Fondue is such a strange looking plant! Does it manage to feed well? I love the Coquillage.

Hi Sandy ;)

It depends of the trap constitution... Each one are different! The closing mecanism works well on most traps, but deformation make the capture impossible. Sometimes, the plant make normal traps, then it is possible for her to have a diner :D

The coquillage traps works normaly, just quite slowler than other vfts.

Those two cultivars are really vigorous!

Coquillage start to flowering, i will add pics of the flower stem when it will be in full bloom.

Kind regards :)

Edited by Lophophora

Coquillage and microdent are definitely different plants, abit similar but I think you'd easily be able to tell them apart if they were side by side.

Great pics lophophora - I have fondue too and its definitely a strange looking vft but also an interesting one as each trap is different. Love the pics of coquillage - excellent vft, i hope it becomes more widely available soon though!

Heather

Awesome photos. I really like both plants. Is the coquillage the same as 'Microdent'? If not, it looks very similar.

Thanks! :)

Those two plants are definitely different for me...

THIS is the Microdent ;)

p1060124.jpg

Microdent have about 80 teeth that are in the orientation of the trap margin.

Coquillage only have about 15 teeth, that looks like dog tooth , and orientated perpendicular with trap margin.

Those two plants are as vigorous, but the trap size of microdent is definitely bigger than coquillage traps.

An other thing, the traps of the Coquillage are incredibly thick! This is more impressive when you see it with your own eyes...! :)

Kind regards :)

Edited by Lophophora