NO!.... don't use a copper based fungicide on your Cephalotus. There are plenty of posts on the forum about suitable fungicides for Cephalotus.

Just say I already gave a light misting, would one treatment kill my ceph? IF I had used the fungicide would it be best to flush the soil with plenty of water :oops:

Just say I already gave a light misting, would one treatment kill my ceph? IF I had used the fungicide would it be best to flush the soil with plenty of water :oops:

I have read on quite a few websites and forums that copper based fungicides are deadly to carnivorous plants! Good job you asked in the forum first as IF you had used it then your plant could be in jeopardy.

Edited by mobile
  • 3 weeks later...

Heres a update.

I sprayed a few times over a few weeks with Roseclear which is sulpher based and repotted into a taller bigger pot. It looks like it was due to the change in enviroment such as temperture or humidity because some pitchers have died back but there are at least 5 tiny new pitchers growing and more leaves poking through the soil so the plant is definatly alive and kicking :sun_bespectacled: The white mold seems to have disappeared too which is due to the Roseclear probably.

I'm glad to see that your Cephalotus is on the road to recovery :sun_bespectacled:

I sprayed a few times over a few weeks with Roseclear which is sulpher based

The fungicide element of Rose Clear is myclobutanil, which is a systemic fungicide.