What to do with too many P. Grandiflora?

Nepenthes Nut

I am just wondering what other people do with all the thousands of spare P.Grandiflora, do you let the ones you can't get rid of die or what because next year I don't think I can handle the amount of gemmae that will be produced...

Edited by Nepenthes Nut

• 2 weeks later...
I am just wondering what other people do with all the thousands of spare P.Grandiflora, do you let the ones you can't get rid of die or what because next year I don't think I can handle the amount of gemmae that will be produced...

No one have any advice? Do I let the mother plant just squash all is sprouting gemmae or what?

Guest Andreas Eils

Umm...you could make a nice salad of them...or...perhaps a pasta bake! :tu:

Seriously I have the same problem and I think I will just separate the gemmae from the mother plant and throw them into the bio-waste container. :sun_bespectacled:

Cheers,

Andy

You can always sell them to me. I don't have grandiflora yet. :sun_bespectacled:

Guest Andreas Eils
Mhh before you do that I should visit you. :whistling:

Cheers Chris

Aaahhh, Chris! You still don´t grow P. grandiflora? Cannot imagine that! :devil: Or do you want to create a football field full of P. grandifloras?? :cd: Well, the daughter plants still stick on the mother plants and are now buried by the leaves of the mother plants. But I´ve seen that the "babies" have unfolded some leaves.

BTW: From whom does your quotation originate? Albert Einstein? Sigmund Freud? I´m puzzling over it all the time!

Greetings,

Andreas

Aaahhh, Chris! You still don´t grow P. grandiflora? Cannot imagine that! :biggrin: Or do you want to create a football field full of P. grandifloras?? :cd: Well, the daughter plants still stick on the mother plants and are now buried by the leaves of the mother plants. But I´ve seen that the "babies" have unfolded some leaves.

BTW: From whom does your quotation originate? Albert Einstein? Sigmund Freud? I´m puzzling over it all the time!

Hard to imagine but true Andreas ;-). The mexicans are much more interesting I think, so I ignored the european species for a while.

The quotation is not from a genius like Albert Einstein its an idea of a little student from Büren.

Cheers Chris

Guest Andreas Eils
The quotation is not from a genius like Albert Einstein its an idea of a little student from Büren.

:blink:

Christian, never known you are studying PHILOSOPHY, never even known that you are able to study philosophy at Paderborn University at all!! :shock: I thought you´d study physics! I have read similar statements several times before and I would agree to them! :wink:

You want some of my P. grandiflora gemmae? :tu:

And if Sebulon won´t get the spares from NepenthesNut I´d have enough for him, too! :D

But - of course - you both would have to wait `til autumn when the plants build their winter buds! :wink:

Many greetings,

Andreas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I think the Europeans have some sort of cultural advantage for growing P. grandiflora.

I can't keep it alive in New Jersey :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nepenthes Nut, just to address your original question

I'll tell what is great about these fast breeding, hard as nails, pieces of green gold, if you have an outside bog (no not outside loos for those of you old enough to remember) they are absolutely terrific for making ground cover plants between your Sarrs. In a couple of yaers of collecting and moving gemma, the floor is carpeted with green moss and pings, from April till autumn, quite attractive - really.

So if you dont have an outside bog, get out there and make one, you know you have always secretly wanted to, you know you wont regret it and your better half wont mind one little bit. Go on get out there and save some pings!!

Cheers

Steve