Largest Dionaea Trap Competition 2009

Trev

Largest Dionaea Trap Competition 2009

It's time again for the Biggest Trap Competition :blum3:

Prize for the winner is a Dionaea B-52.

The competition is open to anyone worldwide but the prize can only be sent within Europe.

The rules are:

The trap must be closed and photographed parallel to the camera, with a clear plastic ruler (in millimetres) in front of the trap, the trap is to be measured across the side just below the teeth, the teeth are NOT included in the measurement. Like this:

trapmeasure.jpg

Post your pictures here. You can enter as many times as you like. Pictures must be taken this year. Competition ends September 31st. Please keep discussion to a minimum, so the thread does not get flooded.

May the biggest trap win! :P

Trev :)

Edited by Trev

hi,

here my largest trap at this moment but it's only the beginning of season, i hope i have more largest soon.

45mm7820688.jpg

Edited by toimeme
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I see you have a new Photoshop Alexander :-)

And is having great fun and japes with it at the mo. None yet as good and convincing as my albino trap though.

my trap is an old one that actually measures a good 43mm, having said that I can't hold the ends and the ruler at the same time to photograph it as the ends keep curling! so will have to do with 42 to 43 ish : :tu: I should have measured it when it was younger.

IMG_0020_vft_small_photo.JPG

IMG_0007_vft.JPG

• Like 1

Crumble, the traps do seem to keep growing slowly after they become functional, so you may have gained a few millimetres by the later pic. I think enry69's has the edge on yours though.

Trev.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi EMa,

Is it from the VFT clone "Big Traps", I heard they have re-named it Baby Traps! yours is no baby.

If you want to qualify for the competition you will need to photograph with a clear plastic ruler in front of the trap.

Trev.

Hi , Im very exciting with my new VFT from Trevor nursery: D. B52, D. G 14 nd D. Soth West Giant; a good adptation now.

I hope get very bigs tramps for the competition.

Regards from Spain.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dino Belvedere

My biggest one this year if from my Slack's Giant at 42mm. Not worth showing a pic unless it grows bigger than 43mm, as enry is in the lead!

This a plant I got from the Euroflora open day. It was just labelled "Venus Fly Trap" so I call it "Massive Red Traps"!

I think that's about 46mm!

Hi,

The ruler should be in front of the plant, and transparant.

Secondly, are you realy renaming your plant as "Massive Red Traps" ?

• 2 weeks later...