D. arenicola ´Cerro Duida´ in flower

Hi all,

about one month ago one of my D. arenicola has flowered. For me it´s the first time.

I was very happy about the flowers because 6 months ago i lost 2 of my biggest plants, some kind of sudden death.

It has had 4 flowers, but i´ve only seen two of them fully opened, the first one and the last one.

The flower stalk is very short and the flowers are very close to the plant itself. :lookeye:

For my sadness i´m very busy in the moment and that´s the reason why i´ve totally forgotten to show these pictures, but Andreas very interesting field trip report rembered me to show them.

the first flower

P1070672a.jpg

P1070680a.jpg

P1070682a.jpg

the closing flower

P1070695a.jpg

the last flower, with a little more distance to the leafes

P1070780a-1.jpg

P1070798a-1.jpg

P1070801a-1.jpg

P1070806a-1.jpg

P1070823a-1.jpg

P1070830a-1.jpg

P1070834a-1.jpg

Best regards,

Dani

Edited by Daniel O.

Many thanks to all of you. :peekaboo:

Stefan, i´m not growing them in a terrarium, they are growing in open trays like most of my other Drosera, watered by the tray method. The only Drosera i´m growing in a terrarium are plants of the petiolaris complex. :smile:

Here is an older link about my setup: A part of my setup

Each tray has 2 x 36/865 T8 (the old big ones) bulbs.

In the moment my night temperatures are about 10-15 degree, day time about 20-23. In summer they are much higher, but they don´t really have problems with higher temperatures.

Best regards,

Dani

Thanks Sebastian :thumright: ,

Fernando is absolutely right, there are only D. arenicola in this pot :yes: , a lot of young plants and these bigger ones in the middle of the pot.

The plant itself is not really very big, it´s about 2,5cm in diameter, the flower was nearly 1,5cm in diameter.

Best regards,

Dani