P.chuquisacensis in Bolivia

So can we have pictures of the flowers Markus? :smile:

My plantlets dies one week ago. It seems that they don't like too much soil humidity (and probably too high temperatures too, they stopped their growth by the beggining of June when it began to be very hot). I have to find more seeds now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very great success MARKUS :P

no others pictures from this P.jarmilae

for example:

the sepals or the coroll throat very interessant to compare with the US or the others andin ping .

jeff

• 6 months later...

Wow, those are great pictures Kamil. The plants look really happy and it is very nice and interesting to be able to see the flower in detail as there was no open flower when I visited this plant's habitat.

By the way, how are you growing it?

Happy growing,

Sebastian

Hello Kamil,

Gorgeous plant you have. Thanks for those nice pics of the flowers, really close in shape to the other south american Pings. The leaves have also a nice appearant veination (a shame I have lost my plantlets).

Same question as the 2 posts above :yes:

Edited by kisscool_38

Hello, thanks all for your comments!

I was very lucky to get seeds from both sources 2 years ago (thank you AF an JJH). I sowed them in-vitro. Some plants germinated quite fast. One contaminated - so I potted it and put it to greenhouse to try with cultivation - and this is the one you can see on my pictures.

Concerning cultivation. I much learned from amazing Sebastian pictures from Bolivia. :-) They was very usefull also with another informations I got from the other visitors of this site.

I am keeping this plant in semi-shade on my greenhouse floor. The temperatures (on bottom) are more stable during all year: night 15 dg.C, day 25 dg. C which looks like an optimum. No problem with high humidity and spray plant with wather frequently. So I can describe this plant as intermediate, likes humid and semi-shade conditions. And much easier that the other south american Pinguicula I am also cultivating.

I am working very hard to multiply the other clones I have in-vitro, but it need some more time as this Pinguicula seems a bit undisposed to faster multiplication by my way (I don´t like to use any phytohormones from some of reasons) and now it is only question of time to get some more plants into cultivation and on the list. ;-)

What I know there is more growers on the world who are cultivating this plant as well: Markus W., Peter H., Sebastian, etc... so this plant will be for sure more common in the near future.

Kamil

• 1 month later...

Hello.. I can also confirm Kamil's experience. High humidity and partial shade is good for this species, but also very important, fresh nights and some feeding. I started to feed my seedlings with small ants and since I moved to a highland country house with nights below 10C degrees the seedlings started to grow faster.

Here is a picture of the biggest one as it is looking right now:

IMG_4125.jpg

Regards,

Sebastian

• 9 years later...